Chapter Nine

The doctor was talking to Daton when Chivalry's mother arrived. She was some distance away but could tell that they were having a serious conversation. Her mind immediately went to her daughter. She felt sorry for her. She finally met a good guy that loved her and then this happened. 

She walked over and put her hand on Daton's shoulder. "Well hello Daton. How are you my dear?"

Daton stood in shock. Sessirah Vineard was a 5'1" brunette with crystal blue eyes. The fact that she was at the hospital made him sick. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Well! That is no way to greet your mother-in-law. I wrote you a letter telling you that I planned to visit. So how is my beautiful daughter doing?"

Daton had forgot all about the letter. How was he going to tell Sessirah that her daughter was missing?

"Daton what is wrong? I want to see Chivalry."

"Sessirah you can't. Sit down and let me explain."

Something was wrong. Daton was keeping something from her. "Daton take me to Chivalry now!"

Daton's heart was breaking. The doctor sensed that Daton needed help. He told Daton to go pack then turned to Sessirah. "Hello ma'am. I'm Chivalry's doctor."

"Pleased to meet you. I'm Chivalry's mother, Sessirah Vineard. Will you please take me to my daughter?"

"I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because she isn't here."

"Where is she?"

"We don't know."

"What do you mean we don't know?"

"I'm sorry to have to tell you this ma'am but your daughter is missing."

He took a moment to let that sink in. When she didn't say anything he continued. "She has been missing for three weeks now. We are trying everything we can to find her but so far we have no leads."

Sessirah stood there in stunned silence. Her daughter was missing! Would she ever see her again? She grabbed a hold of the doctor's coat and sobbed into his chest. She didn't care that she didn't know the man or that she was making a scene. Her daughter was missing and that was all she could think about.