Riley

I sit in a table on the second floor at Jitters, finishing writing my theories and what I found so far with my dad's suicide case.

Before long, I hear Barry say at another table, "Okay, it is just a second date."

"A second date?" I question, grabbing my coffee and walking over to Barry, Caitlin and Cisco's table. "With who?"

"Uh, with Linda Park, the sports reporter," Barry explains, excitement clear on his face.

Not Linda, out of all people he had to go on a date with, it had to be one of my friends. You know what? It's totally fine, he can go out with whoever he wants.

Cisco's phone goes off and steps to the side as I awkwardly say, "That's...great. Linda's great, and you're great. So...great."

"Great," Barry states in a whisper as Cisco walks back up to us.

"Hey, I gotta go. I gotta help out a friend," Ciso explains before he starts to walk towards the stairs.

"Everything okay? We just got here," Barry questions, stopping Cisco.

"Yeah," Cisco states. "I'll see you later."

As Cisco leaves, we all turn to the tv showing the news, "Quale was attacked near his lab at Concordance Research last night. There were several unsubstantiated reports of the so called 'Burning Man' in the area following the attack."

We all look at each other with worried eyes, knowing the burning man is Ronnie Raymond.

---

"Well, it appears letting Ronnie roam free is no longer an option," Dr. Wells concludes in the cortex as he scrolls through articles about Ronnie.

"He's not even Ronnie anymore," Caitlin states. "He's Martin Stein walking around in Ronnie's body. Like a vampire."

"Is there a reason Stein's brain is in control of Ronnie's body, not the other way around?" I question, reading the articles word for word.

"Simple Darwinism, I suspect," Wells answers, rolling closer towards us. "A brand new organism will select the strongest parts of itself in order to survive. Survival of the fittest. In this case, Ronnie's body, Stein's mind. But any event, he badly hurt an innocent man nd we have hunted meta-humans for less. Caitlin..." Wells trails off as he parks in front of her, "...we need to know that you're on board with what needs to be done here."

Caitlin says nothing for a few beats before asking, "How do we find him?"

"Quentin Quale, the scientist that Ronnie attacked, is a former colleague of Martin Stein," Dr. Wells explains. "If Martin is indeed in control of Ronnie's body he may be trying to find out exactly what's happening to him."

"What do we know about him?" Barry asks. "I don't even know what Stein looks like."

I grab one of the tablets and pull up Stein's photo onto the tvs, "Martin Stein."

Barry looks at the screen as if he recognizes him, "That's Stein?"

"It is," Wells confirms.

"I've seen him before," Barry states, walking closer to the tv.

"When?" Caitlin questions.

"On the train, the day the accelerator exploded," Barry explains, looking lost in thought.

---

"Of course I've heard of S.T.A.R. Labs," Mrs. Stein answers my question as her, Barry and I walk towards Dr. Wells. "Martin was always vocal about the competition."