Riley

"Ms. Miller, pleasure to meet you in the flesh. Welcome back," Mr. Davis greets as I walk into Picture News for the first time in months.

I sigh as I look around the building with a huge grin painted across my face, "It's good to be back."

Mr. Davis leads me to my old desk, "Here is your old work station, your files are still in the drawer if you need them. And if you need anything else, don't hesitate to come to my office."

I nod, "Thank, Mr. Davis, it really means a lot."

Mr. Davis walks off to help another employee and already, I put myself to work. I start writing my draft on meta humans and how the accelerator did this to those people so more civilians can understand what has happened to their city.

"It's almost as if you never left," a very familiar voice states and a smile spreads across my face.

"Linda!" I exclaim, jumping out of my chair and wrapping my arms around my friend. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," Linda affirms as we let go of our embrace. "But I think there is someone who missed you more."

"Who?" I question, trying to figure out the mysterious person in my head. "Is it Julia from the gossip column?"

Linda shakes her head before grabbing my hand and leading me to the coffee station where there is a muscular back facing us, "Elias."

I freeze and my eyes widen, Elias? As in my ex Elias? Dear god, help me.

The back turns around towards us and I make eye contact with the most gorgeous blue eyes that broke my heart.

Elias' eyes widen in shock, "Riley?"

I give him an awkward wave, "Hi." I take a step back, "Um...I should get back to work."

"Nope," Linda grabs my bicep, stopping me from leaving. "You two are going to have a talk, I miss us being a dynamic trio. Now, talk, I'll be at my desk."

"So..." Elias trails off, feeling the thick, awkward tension in the area, "...how have you been?"

"Um...good, worked for S.T.A.R. L abs for a bit, got a call from Mr. Davis asking if I wanted my job back and now I'm here, you?" I ask, at least trying to make conversation.

"Well, I'm all healed up, still working on the environmental column and that's pretty much it," Elias answers. His eyes soften, "I miss you."

"Uh...I don't know how to respond to that," I admit as I put a piece of my hair behind my ears. "I mean, you broke up with me."

"Which was a stupid, idiotic mistake that I regret dearly," Elias confesses. "I was jealous and if I could take it back, I would." 

"But you cant," I state. "And you were right, I lied, you didn't deserve that. Maybe we're just better as co workers."

"I'll make a deal with you, okay?" Elias asks. "I take you out on one date and if you hate every moment of it, then we'll just stay as co workers, deal?"

I think about the offer for a minute, what can I lose?

But you have feelings for Barry.

And he's dating my friends and I made it clear that I wasn't good for him?

You're not ready for any relationship.

Great, I sound crazy, I'm arguing with myself.

I put up my pointer finger, "Just one date."