Chapter 7 ~ Princess

Nash's P.O.V

She's doing wonders to me. But I can't let that happen to her.. she's can't be in such danger.

Oh, shut up, Nash. 

Man, was last night eventful. Not only did I get to see if she's really dating that Drew guy- which I keep getting bad vibes from, but also get to meet his brother face to face in person. He was a great guy, no wonder Sam loves her brother so much.

* Last Night *

"Hey, happy birthday!" I exclaimed to the birthday boy, Justin. "Hey, man, thanks." He said, a bit confused but still overall, happy. "Oh, right, you don't know me. Let me introduce myself. I'm Nash, the bad boy from school." I laughed at how I said it. "Bad boy, eh? You seem like one but around my sister you're like a sick puppy who's in loooove." Said Justin. "I'm not in love!" I growled.

I feel like I'm drunk but I'm sure I'm not. Well, I don't even know. "Alright, well, have fun at my party." Justin said, getting back to opening presents. I was just about to walk away when Justin called me back. "Do me a favor and make sure Drew doesn't date Sam. I'm getting this bad vibe ever since the day he left to go on a 'road trip'." Said Justin, using air quotes around the word; road trip. 

"I will, I promise but may I ask why?" Man, am I getting a headache but Sam is far more important. I've been getting bad vibes as well, I was about to tell him but he said, "I already told you, now go and have fun at my party!" 

That's how I ended my first conversation with Sam's big brother. Kind of a weird introduction but I couldn't care less. Now, how am I suppose to help Justin keep Drew away from Sam?

I can't think, not with a mad hangover. I'll think of a plan whenever it comes to me. I have to eat breakfast first.

After I ate my cereal I went off to my room to get ready, I feel like I'm forgetting something..

I remember a lot of stuff even if I drank a couple of beers. I remember the time when I dropped Sam off.. the hug.. the kiss. Damn it, Sam.

Today is only Saturday, so what am I suppose to do?

I picked up my phone and went to speed dial.

"Hello?" Ask the other person. "Hey, are you doing anything today?" I asked, hoping she'll say no. "Actually," Sam said slowly. "I'm going with Drew to the fair." Drew. Drew. Oh, Drew.

"Did you wanted something?" She asked. Yea, you. No  what what the hell?! "Uh, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go dinner with me then to the park. But never mind, you're busy." I said, about to hang up but then I heard Sam's voice. "Wait, we can go if you want." I was confused. "You mean now?" "Yea, I always go with Drew but this time I can go with you. I'll tell him I have to go help a friend out on her homework or something." Awe, she'll blow him off for me, how sweet. "Hello? Nash?" She asked, startling me. "Uh, yea. Yea, okay. I'll pick you up in a bit." I said, hanging up.

Time to get ready. Dark washed jeans. Grey t-shirt. Black leather jacket. The norm.

I got ready and drove to Sam's house. I saw her coming down the steps. I got out of my car and escorted her to her side of my black Wiscasset Ford. I opened the door for her and once she was settled I closed the door and jogged over to my side. I sat there for awhile just replaying what I've done. Why did I do that? Nash never does that kind of thing.

"Uhm, let's go, Nash." Sam said. "Oh, right, yea." Why don't I surprise her. 

Instead of turning left to the diner I went right to the fair. "Uhm, Nash where are we going?" Sam asked, sounding a bit nervous. I assured her, "Don't worry. We're going to have fun!" I turned to look at her and saw her staring at me with her mouth wide open. "Oh, get your head out of the gutter." I said, laughing at her embarrassment. 

As we enter the gates to the fair, Sam's practically jumping like a five year old. Why am I not surprise? "Okay, calm down. Now let's go get tickets and enjoy some rides!" 

We ran to the ticket booth like childish kids. Second in line isn't that bad. We got our tickets fast and jogged towards the dipping tower. We did most of the rides until we decided we should go get our face painted. 

"Uhm , I'll get the ninja turtle one." I said the painter. She looked at me and smiled, "Alright. And what would you like?" She asked Sam. Sam looked up from the book full of ideas and asked, "Can I get this one?" Pointing at the black lacey eye mask. "Sure thing." The painter said. I let Sam get hers first. I have to say, Sam looks hot with the eye mask. Now it's my turn. I sat down facing away from the painter. 

Sam's P.O.V.

I asked the painter to paint a princess face on Nash instead of the ninja turtle one. She happily agreed. Once she was done painting his face I paid quickly before he could see the mirror. "Hey, wait I want to see how it turned out." He said, whining. I dragged him away and shook my head "Nope, I want to go on this ride." Later on I won a stuff pink teddy bear and a big brown teddy bear that looks so cute!

We walked around for a bit. I made Nash carry the big pink teddy bear. Just touching up the look. We walked pass the face painter and she laughed at how Nash looked. I did too. Every time someone stares at him and whispers or laugh, I laugh too. It was just so hilarious you had to be there.

"What are you laughing at?" Nash asked, leaning on the wall. We decided to take a break from walking and just sit around for awhile. I laughed even more. "I don't know, princess." He looked at me like I had five heads. "I like the nickname thing but just not that one." I laughed just a bit and said, "But it fits you! You look just like one!" I laughed even more. I could've peed my pants. 

At that point Nash ran to the bathroom that was next him and came back out. He was smiling? Wait, what? I thought for sure he would be mad! 

"You're right, it does fit me, huh?" Nash asked as he came to sit by me on the bench. I looked at him and saw a happy face etched on his.

I'm confused. "Aren't you mad? Are you going to torture me?" He smiled at me mischievously. "Do you want any of those?" I shook my head no. "That's what I thought. Besides it makes you laugh."

We went on some more rides, when we were about to go on a roller coaster, I saw someone I recognize. "Uhm, Nash, Drew is here."