Chapter 3 ~ Partners With The Player

Sam's P.O.V.

 I swear my heart couldn't beat any faster when Nash did that. If only he wasn't a player and a true gentleman, I would probably fall in love with him. No, I hate him! He's a player and I know better than to date him. 

 The next morning everything was awkward. I woke up from my awesome dream of me and Nash dating, the best part is that he's not a player albeit he is in the real life, I still enjoyed my dream. I got a text from Nash, the only thing I'm wondering is how did I get his number? Oh, now I know. He used my phone and put in his number in, he's such a player! The message read, 'I'm picking you up in half an hour, get ready!'.

 Ugh! Will he ever give up? I took a shower and got ready for school, my outfit of the day is a black tank-top with a jean jacket and blue jeans with converse, the usual. I put make-up on and checked myself in the mirror, I look cute! I pocketed my phone in my back pocket of my jeans and I grabbed my backpack and keys and I went downstairs to get a fruit snack. I heard a motorcycle roar, I looked out the window and it's him. 

 He's wearing a black slick jacket over a grey v-neck t-shirt and blue jeans. I admit it, he's pretty cute like that but with his looks you can obviously tell he's a bad boy. The girls would stop and stare like he's a statue. They just stare but not touch, partially because I think they're scared he might bite them in the ass but I'm pretty sure they will like it.

 "So, you tried to match your outfit like mine?" the idiot asked. "Actually, no I didn't." I answered. While he winks at me I took his helmet and put it on my head. "You know you look cute with my helmet on." He commented with that wink. Did. He. Just. Complimented. ME? Ahaha, he's such a good liar. "Uh, thanks?" I said, "Although that's not true." He replied, "No, seriously I don't lie. And honestly I do think you look cute in it." He looked genuine when he said that but pft, he's lying.

 We finally got to school and when I took his helmet off I could finally see. See people staring at me as if I had 8 heads. I know why they're staring, it's just that it's too much attention for me maybe others are used to it but I'm not. "Great, now they're staring at us." I said to Nash. "Oh, c'mon. What's wrong with that?" He asked. "Everything, I don't want them staring, too much eyes looking at me." I replied. He chuckled his cute chuckle. "Well get use to it, it's going to happen a lot more often now." I didn't get what he said but I didn't question it either since it feels like everyone is listening to our conversation so I felt uneasy to ask what he meant.

 I got to my locker while Nash left to his class. We said bye to each other and to be honest it felt kind of weird. It felt like we're friends or somewhat close to the meaning friend. "Ahem." I heard a little shuffle behind me, I didn't want to turn around to face the 'goddess' but I had to either way. "Is there anything I can do for you miss piglet?" I asked as I turned around. It's really entertaining how she gapes at everything I say. "Alright that is it. You can't just take my boyfriend away from me and start dissing me like that. You're going to pay." She said that as she turn on her stiletto heals and sashayed back to her groupie of snobby bratty fake ass friends. Most people would be scared of her but I'm not, never had been. And in all honesty, she's scared of others-other peoples thoughts, she just wants to be adored but eh never going to happen.

 I would have said something back but she waked away and I think she walked away because she didn't want me to say anything back for others to hear and become embarrassed.

 I went to my first class which is study hall. I have it with Ms. Gellinger. The pro is that I don't have to do homework at home the con is that I need more time to do homework on study hall. I walked into the classroom to find the class is going on a little trip to the auditorium, great more walking. The whole class walked to the auditorium and sat in our assigned spots- the whole class into one section. The assistant principal was standing in the middle of the stage waiting for everyone to settle down which is going to be for awhile because everyone is all hype with the sudden trip to the auditorium. The principal never show his face because he thinks he's superior and want his identity kept as a secret, I'm on a mission to find out who he is and why he won't show his face to anyone but the staff members. The mission has been going on for two weeks with no luck.

 "Alright, settle down students we have an important announcement to make. So if y'all want to know what it is then settle down. And if y'all want to leave then listen so we can get this over with." Pretty weird how he talks but I couldn't care less. The students finally calm down, and the principal spoke up, "OK, so we have an important announcement and we need your full attention. We as in the whole school need to work together as a whole team. No arguing with our team. No fighting over the smallest things." I dodn't get what he's trying to say. I looked around and saw only two teams. Our school is separated by grade and then by teams. I'm on team one in 12th grade, there's 2 teams and I think Nash is on the second team. And now we have to work as one team, ugh!

 Now we have to work together it'a going to hard. "OK, the students in Ms. Gellinger's study hall class please step off down to the stage." The assistant principal said to us. We did, and now I'm wondering why we have to go down. "Everyone take a look at our role models. The reason why they are together is because they are top of our grade but only half of them are top and the other half may need help. The thing is that there is going to be another class and we have decided that it's going to be Mr. Rodifer's class, so if your class would please step down to the stage and stand on the other side of the stage please do so now." I looked out onto the audience to see that Nash is in Mr. Rodifer's class, I wonder if he's smart. "And this is the other class that is also top grade students. They are all smart but half of them need help on some subjects. I'm going to call names and when you students hear your name please come by me and get your piece of paper that has a student's name, that student will be the one you are going to help. Ashley Ameri .." He continued until he finally called my name. "Samantha Brown, please come and get your paper." I did as I was told, every eye was on me and I kind of got a bit nervous even though I was only getting a piece of paper but it seem like all the females were staring at me. I got my paper and went back to my standing spot. I noticed no one has opened their paper so I didn't either. 

  The assistant principal finished with calling the students down to collect their paper. Once every student did received their paper, they all sat back down. After the assistant principal kept talking and babbling we finally left the auditorium and back to our 1st hour class.

  When I was walking with my class towards the exit, I felt a tug on my arm leading me back to the auditorium. I came to the realization that it was the assistant principal who made me fall behind my class. "Look, you two aren't the smartest but we still recommend you two to work together to help the other ones. We will inform you some more when the day comes but as of right now keep doing what you're doing or better yet do better than what you're doing." When he said we I looked beside me to see the smirking Nash. Perfect. I'm partners with a player.