Chapter 8 ~ Silence

Sam's P.O.V

Knowing something might go bad I told Nash that we should get going home. He reluctantly agreed. 

For some reason I keep getting this feeling where wherever I go, Drew follows or finds me somehow. 

I just don't want him catching me here at the fair when we always go here every time it first opens. I'll feel bad when he catches me with Nash instead of him at the fair. It's- was our tradition.

But last night was something I wasn't expecting. I will never forget what happened.

Nash and I ran all the way to the car and got in quickly. He put his keys in the ignition and started up the car. I looked out my window and saw Drew looking around, thankfully not where I'm sitting. 

Drew looked up at where I was so fast it took me a full second at what he was looking at and I sunk down in my seat.

Oh, God. Please don't let him realized it was me who he saw. Please.

Nash got out the parking lot and I popped up in my seat.Then I heard Nash laugh.

With a confused face I asked, "What's so funny?" He looked at me for a second and looked back at the road, smiling. "You."

"Oh puh-lease. I'm nowhere near funny." I said, stretching out the 'puh' part.

Nash nodded his head, "Yeah, that's true.." I gaped at his response and slapped his arm. I could physically feel him flex. Ha! Guys always do that.

Nash just chuckled at me, rude! I looked out my window and saw my surroundings- nothing familiar. Oh, no is he going to kill me? Is this the part where you find out he's a murderer? "Uhm.. is this the part where I find out you're some psychopath and you're planning to kill me?" 

Again Nash just laughed and raised an eyebrow at me. "Now why would I answer that?" Oh God. Oh dear God. "I'm kidding. No, I'm not going to kill you.. yet." I could feel my eyes go wide when he said 'yet'. 

And Again Nash just laughs at me. "Okay, okay, okay, I'm kidding. Seriously though we're going to this one pace where I usually go with my friends." I relaxed a bit and nodded my head obediently.

After five minutes I couldn't stand the silence. Okay, time to strike up a conversation.

"..So.." I started, stretching out the word 'so'. Man, this is way to awkward.

"You don't need to make conversation." Nash said, eyes still on the gravel. I looked straight ahead. "Yea, I know. But I don't like the silence." After I said that I could feel two pair of  blue yes on the side of my face. Feeling self conscious I looked out my window.

"And why is that?" Nash asked. His eyes averting back to the road. I shrugged. "I don't like silence. It's so quiet yet it's so loud. You know what I mean?" Nash just nodded in confirmation. "But silence is better than bullshit." I laughed at that one.

I remember seeing a picture of that once in Google. I shared it on Facebook, I got like 18 likes. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees. ( Picture on the side )

Once I stopped laughing I said, "True, true but we're not talking about bullshit. We're talking about silence itself." "Yea, but comparing bullshit to silence; which one would you rather have?" Nash asked. I didn't need to think over my answer I already know. 

"Silence."

Then we abruptly stopped on front of a pub looking place. Really? Why a pub in the middle of nowhere? Nash got out of the car and so did I. We met in front of his car and Nash led me the way to the door.

Holding out the door for me I got in the pub looking place. I didn't get the chance to look at the sign above me because I saw a dark haired guy standing off in the corner staring right at me. Creeped out I was more than happy when Nash put his hand on my back and led me to the right side- far away from that creepy but handsome guy. 

Nash lead me to a pool table. Awesome, maybe then I could show off my skills. Yes! "Wait here. I'm going to call over some of my friends to play with us." Nash said as he stalked away. 

I waited by the table but got bored. I decided to pick out my pool stick and the chalk. I started to chalk my stick when I felt a tap on my left shoulder.

I turned around and found the handsome but creepy guy standing in front of me. "So you play pool, that's hot." He slurred. Is he seriously drunk?

"Uhm.. yea I do. And thanks? Uhm dude, you're drunk why don't you lay off the drinks?" I said suggestivley and took his bottle away when he started to take another swing 

"No, I'm good but I'll be better if you come with me to the bathroom." he said. Not blinking an eye he stared right at me, "And why would I do that?" I asked, getting a bit uncomfortable and wondering where the hell is Nash. I was a bit offended buyt the fact that he thinks I'm easy. Pft, I'll show you.

"Becuase you want to." He said as he grabbed onto my shoulder for some grip. He was about to collapse when I caught him. "No I don't. You need to sit down." I sat him down on a chair that was by a hallway to the bathroom. Where the hell is Nash?

"I think I'm going to puke." I he said while cluthing his stomach. "Well, then go to the bathroom and puke. Here I'll lead you the way." I said, putting one of his arm over my should and walking him to the bathroom. "Why am I bothering to help this dude?" I asked myself under my breath, hoping he doesn't hear. And where is Nash?

Not knowing which bathroom to enter I entered the girls' bathroom. Lucky for us no one was in it. I picked the closest stall and lead him in there. Checking if there's any shit in the toilet I leaned over a bit to look. Before I knew it I heard the stall door closed loudly and a lock being locked.

I spunned around to see a smirking dude that I was helping before. He was leaning on the stall door with his arms crossed over his built chest, looking right at me. Knowing one; he's clearly a good actor.

Shit, I should've known. 

Even with the loud music in the bathroom all you can hear is silence.