O N E

"It's a long story..." a woman says with a low pitched voice.
"You made me think you were dead, for ten years. I've got time." the woman in black says.

"Turn the TV off honey! It's 9pm. You're gonna hurt your eyes!"my mom shouted.
"But mom! She's going to explain what happened in those ten years!"my sister cries. "Say something Anna!"she says to me.
"Yeah! It's the best part of the movie!"I shout, defending my sister.

We are sitting in the middle of our living room, Monica is eating chips and watching TV on the green carpet. Our apartment is a small suburb, away from the city, with a big garden.
My sister Monica is 6 and I'm 13.  We aren't allowed out today 'cause it's raining so much. So we're just watching weird shows that make no sense at all.

Just then, the TV starts making weird noises. I look at Monica. She looks back at me. We both stare at the TV. Suddenly all the power goes off. No lights now. Just when I get up to find mom, the TV turns on. It's an emergency broadcast.

The woman on the tv looks super uncomfortable and is obviously in a hurry.
"Please stay calm and stay indoors..."she says trembling. But before she can give any details, the power goes off again.
Monica starts crying and shouting for mom. She comes in running. "Okay girls keep calm. I'm sure it's nothing."she says. But I can hear the siren sounds outside.

"Anna, go and lock all the doors honey." mom says to me, holding Monica.