T W E N T Y S E V E N

"We'll have to see? What's that supposed to mean?!"I ask. "You don't think we'll make it that far?".
"Of course I do, Monica! But...we don't know anything!"he sighs. "We'll give it our best."he gets up and checks the big clock in the hallway.

"It's 10:15. She must be watching tv now."
"Why don't we just get out of the window or the back door?"
He giggles. "Do you think I'm that stupid? I thought of that already. Like a year ago! There are alarms that go off when you open one of those windows. And we don't have a back door. The only way in and out is the front door."
"Well, let's go then."I start walking towards the stairs.
"I don't think so!" He whispers running after me and stopping me. "She hears everything. Don't go down there. You have to be in your room at 11:30 sharp!"
I make an uncomfortable sound. "Alright..."I mumble.

-----------------------------------------------------

11:29

I hear footsteps. I'm lying on the weird and old bed. The footsteps are getting closer. They stop in front of the room.
"Monica?"the sweet woman voice asks.
"Y-yeah, Flora?"
"Are you comfortable in there or do you need anything?" There's the question.
"Nope! I don't need anything. I just need a good night sleep!"I shout, trying to sound as cute as I can.
"Well then sweetie, good night! I'll be in my room!" And she leaves.
I wait for two minutes and get up. I open the door and look in the hallway. I walk over to Rick's room and know twice, as we planned. Then, I run back to my room and close the door silently. I'm going to wait there until five minutes to midnight, then go to Rick's room.

11:53

I'm waiting to go out and meet Rick in his room. I'm still lying there. Two more minutes and I'm out of this room. It's dark. So dark.
Just then, I see a shadow. As I turn my head, a voice whispers, "Don't move, she's watching you!"