F I F T Y S E V E N

Should I open the door? Should I answer this voice? This voice that sounds so real.

What if it IS real, I think. What if there actually IS a woman there.

I sit on the ground, right next to the door. The leaves make a crusting voice as I do so. I take a deep breath and look around me.
There are tall trees and brown leaves everywhere. A chilly breeze goes past me. I get goosebumps.

The rock I was holding right before I tripped over this darn door that's making me decide between the unknown and the safe is no where to be seen.

I reach for the door. Holding it, I open my mouth to say something. But all that gets out is a squeak. I try again. Another squeak.

I let go. What was I thinking anyway? I get up and wipe the mud away from my hands with my shirt.

Just as I start walking, I hear the voice again.
"Hello?"
No
"Is anyone there?"
I wont answer
"Please!"
I can't
"Help!"
I'm sorry, I won't, I think.

I walk and walk until I can't hear the voice screaming for help. And now all I can hear is silence....
The silence of the forest...
It's scary.

It's like something is watching me.
That feeling again, I think.

I keep walking until it's night and dark. Silent and chilly.

The rain is raining a little. Not that it will affect me. I'm just gonna stay the night. I'll sleep through it, right?

A night in the forest. How nice. Being inside out with nature. Right?