F I F T Y F O U R

So far, I'm alive. And I'm grateful. And now, as I stand face to face with Rick, who is holding a gun. (Which by the way, I have no idea where he got that) He points it at me.

"Do you miss her?" He asks softly. I can see the tears in his eyes. Trying to hold them back, he sniffs. "Do you miss Anna?"

After a moment I answer. Scarcely whisper.
In three words, his heart was broken, of course, that is if he had one.

"All the time..."

A tear drops from his face.
"Do you feel guilty? Like, at all?" He asks, still holding the gun to my face.

"About what?"

"Your mom, sister?"

"I don't have time for that." Tears flowing down my cheeks. I wipe them away with my hand. "Why? Rick. Why?" I whisper, shakily.

"I'm sorry." He says. "Just think of all the memories we made along the way. I'll be quick."

"I almost got killed! What are you talking about?!" I touch my ponytail nervously.

"It was fun?" He says, shaking and putting the gun a bit lower.

"I'd agree but then we'd both be wrong." I giggle shakily.

I look around. Something I haven't done in a while. I see Eleanor and Crooked Man staring at us. Both have huge smiles. How comforting.

"I thought we were friends." I say.

"I loved you Monica. But sadly, love doesn't stop bullets."

"Maybe it can, Rick." I say. Holding my arms up, closing my eyes and smiling. That's the way I want to be remembered.

I hear Rick sobbing. Then I hear a drop sound. I open my eyes. Rick standing and the gun away from him on the floor.

"I can't." He whispers.

I walk over to the gun and hold it. I take a good look at it.

Then I point it at Eleanor(Mary).

"I pray you never take a breath without remembering the breaths you took away."