T W E N T Y E I G H T

Those words just fly in my mind. Over, and over, and over. Echoing.
"She is watching you..."
That's not something Rick told me about... I'm scared. Just then I hear footsteps.
"Alright then! I've had a good life, although it's a shame it lasted for less than ten years. But...this is how it's gonna end!" I say in my mind.
"She's coming for me and she's going to chop my head off!"

"Monica?" A voice whispers. It's Rick. I smile. But then I remember the voice. "She's watching you..." So I don't move. I just wait. My smile fades away faster than a cheese rolling down a cliff.
"Monica! You were supposed to come to my room!"he says, opening the door. "Come on! Move!" With his cute British accent.
I get up and look around the dark room. "Where's Flora right now?" I ask.
"She's probably in her room. Why?"
"No...no reason."I look around the room again. "Let's go." He looks at me confused. "Come on!"I say, impatiently.

////////////////////////////

As we tiptoe around the hallway, we hear a crack. We look at each other. He shrugs. I mean, it's an old house after all.
When we reach the stairs, Rick turns on the lights. We silently walk down. Rick is smaller and faster. He waits at the end of the stairs for me to come. As I touch the last step on the stairs, the lights go off.

"Did you turn off the lights?" I ask
"N-no."
"Then we have a problem."