T W E N T Y S I X

We sit down on the edge of the bed.

"So, what about that daughter of hers? She...ran away or something?" I ask, smiling at the thought. Like, who wouldn't run away from this psychopath?
"I guess she died. She didn't tell me much. Just that I would like it here." He shrugs.
"Let's get you out of here."

___________________________

"Okay, so here's the plan: I know for a fact that she won't come up to your until midnight or as long as you don't make a sound. When she does come...you don't want to know." He says fidgeting.

"So she's done this before?" I ask.
"Yeah, she has. But I never had the courage to help them. Until today." He smiles. "Okay! At ten pm sharp she'll be  watching tv. Like a normal person would. She doesn't want you to be suspicious. If you come down here and see her doing something weird, you'll want to go. She doesn't want you to go. So she watches a cooking program."
"A cooking, program?" I giggle. "That's why her soup was so good then. Because she watches it every night." 

He chuckles and pokes my arm. "Come on! Focus!" He glances over to the door to see if anyone's coming. "Then at eleven thirty, she will come to your door to ask you if you need anything. You will have to be there to tell her you don't need anything at eleven thirty. She will act like she is a caring mother. Don't fall for it."he sighs and stares at me.
"What's next?"

"We'll have to see..."