F I F T Y N I N E

The rock scared the hell outta me. So I run. I am pretty sure I can hear footsteps behind me as I run until I can't feel my legs and I can't breathe.

The cold air making me tremble because of my sweat all around my body is so uncomfortable.

And I somehow make it. I somehow make it to the end of the forest by the end of the night. The forest comes to an end as I see sun rising to the sky like a big doughnut. (I'm starving, obviously)

I know this place. I really do. I don't know how but I do. The air that smells like coal, the sky that is so bright. I know.

After hanging around a bit and exploring the place, I walk into the street that says Cornwall. But...which house?

To my surprise, there's a man unlocking his doors and getting ready to go out to probably buy the daily newsletter and have morning coffee before work.

I walk up to him. "Sir?" I say, not knowing what to call him.
He turns his head to face me.

His eyes.
So green,
So...so familiar.
And I can tell that's what he is thinking about me too.
But then again, those are the eyes that killed Anna.

"Yes?" He says after a while. "Do I know you?"

"Are you...are you Owen?"

He stares for some time, looking at me up and down. He raises one eyebrow.

"Yes."