S I X T Y F I V E

What does this old Gloria The Librarian talking about? Has she gone nuts! Owen did nothing to harm me. In any way. I trust him. But why should I trust Gloria?

"Why do you say that?" I ask. "Why should I not trust him?"

"Look, child." She says, straightening up in her creaky wooden chair. "The people of this town ain't normal. This town ain't normal! Tell me. How long have you been here?"

"About a few hours or so?" I say letting the doorknob go.

"What does this place seem like to you for now? Cozy? Welcoming? Happy? ...Normal?"

"Uh..."I manage to say. "Y-yeah. Its fine...for now."

I gulp. Gloria closes her book and puts it on her desk gently. She pushes it towards me. "Take it. You might need it."

I walk towards the desk and slowly pull the book towards me. "What is this?"

"It's something very important that you might need at night. A little of our history, a little of our future, and only truths." She puts her glasses on while I examine the book's cover.
It's white and has red writings on it.

The Special Book For The Special Town: Clemonte

"Where will you be staying sweetie?" She asks softly.

"O-owen. T-that man." I point to the door. "He said I could stay with him."

"Have you known him a long time?" She asks, her half American half British accent showing.

"N-no, not really."

"Oh well then...I'd be careful if I were you."
I open the door and take a step outside.
"Oh and dear!" She shouts behind me. "Take this bag! We don't want people know you've got the book!" She smiles awkwardly.

I put the book in the old grey backpack she gave me and decide I must keep on walking. Although I'm really not in the mood to talk to more mad people, I've got nothing better to do.

Weird town. I think. Weird people. Could I have one normal night?

But I guess we all know the answer to that...don't we?