S I X T Y S I X

And now...for the moment everyone has been waiting for (not me though).

It's almost night.

I see that it's eight pm from the big clock at the center of the town. I walk towards the cafe we sat in in the morning, hoping Owen will be there. I was pretty bored today.

After the weird library visit I had, I walked around the town until I saw the gold statue. The statue of Mighty Chad.

Well...there was one problem. He looked exactly like the Crooked Man. He was Crooked Man. And I had seen him, I had talked to him.

And that is the only interesting thing I did all day. Because after that I just found myself a bench and read the book.
The Book For The Special Town: Clemonte

Doesn't sound too appealing to me.

The first page had writings on it that said: If you are reading this... then I guess you made your way to Clemonte. Although I would love to hear your miserable story, (because there is NO way you came here because you wanted to) I can't. I won't tell you my name yet, but I can assure you, you're in a rather weird danger. So watch out.

And now, here I am, waiting for Owen.

"Hey!" He shouts behind me. "I'm sorry I'm late. Just...had to work late."

"O-okay." I smile. "That's fine."

"Um...shall we go?" He says, putting his hand on my shoulder. His hand feels cold. Very cold. And he's shaking.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah!" He nervously shouts. "I'm good..."

As I follow him to where he says his house is, I think.

That wasn't the direction he went in the morning before I went to the library. He HAS to know where his work office is. That's...creepy.

We walk and walk and then walk into a street named Humphries.

We walk up to a house and he gets the key out of his pocket.

"Owen."

"Yes?"

"This isn't the house you stayed in last night. This isn't the house I found you in front of."