N I N E

The footsteps are getting closer each second and I cannot just stand there. Because if I am to hear that throaty old man voice again, I might lose my mind. I quickly but silently walk to the other end of the hall where the kitchen is. It's hard because the flashlight isn't with me. I don't know where I left it but I shouldn't have left it. The moon is my only light source.
I peek out of the kitchen to see the hallway. I don't hear the footsteps anymore. But I know I have to find Monica.
"Mon?" I whisper. "Please..." I say shaking. Tears are rolling down my face now. "Please,I need you..."

I walk towards the living room, hoping to find Monica. "Oh no. It's the song again."I think. I can hear Crooked Man playing in the room. I stand in front of the door.
"Monica, I know you're here!" I say, still shaking. I'm holding on to my shirt so tightly. I pull my hair out of the bun and make it into a ponytail. I take a deep breath and step into the living room.

Suddenly the lights go on and I don't know what to do. As my eyes try to adjust to the sudden light, I hear a scream and the lights go back off. I feel dizzy and sit down on the closest dining chair.

"You will pay for this!" I scream. "For everything you've done!" I start hitting my head on the table. I'm not okay. Something is wrong with me. So, so wrong...