S E V E N

"Oh no" I whisper as I open the door to my mom's room. The sight of mom lying on the ground in her own blood like that, it makes me so uncomfortable. I push Monica out the door to prevent her from looking.

"Oh no"I say crying. It must've been the person. The person who broke in. "Where are you you sick bastard?!!!?"I shout. Silence. Only silence. And darkness. I feel the warm tears going down my pale face. I quietly cry, putting my hands on my eyes. Then I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see nothing. No one's there.
"Monica?" I whisper. "Is it you?"
"It's me!" A throaty man's voice says in my ear. I jump. I feel helpless.
"Who are you?"I whisper. "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?!"I can't keep myself from shouting. "What do you want?!"
But I hear nothing. Not a single voice. I shakily sigh and wipe the tears on my face.

"Monica?" I whisper. I can't see her. It's too dark and she's making no noise. But...why?
I turn around and look into mom's room. There's something on her bed. Something that wasn't there before. Something that doesn't belong to any of us. At least, not that I know of.

I walk in the room and sigh. I sit on the white sheets of the neatly made bed. I look around me. This room...so many memories... 'Five years ago... Me and mom sitting on this very bed. Playing with my legos.'
I chuckle, remembering the face of my dad when he saw the mess we'd made. At first I'd thought he would get mad. But then...no...he didn't. He joined us. Baby Monica sitting in her crib, wondering what we're so happy about, dad showing me how to make a house with the legos, and mom, just feeling happy about being a family.
That's the last memory of my dad...

I smile a broken smile with tears rolling down my face so silently. As I hold my hand up to my face to wipe the tears away, my hand touches something. It draws me away from my thoughts. It's a camera...