T W E N T Y

Flora turns to me right after Rick leaves.
"Let's have some fun Monica. Girl to girl. Wanna watch a movie?" she says, pushing the chair she was sitting on before towards the table.
"I..I umm...I must go, Flora. But thank you for everything."
"Oh, well that makes me sad."she says looking me in the eye. After a few seconds she asks the question even I don't know the answer to:
"Where are you going anyway? You're not running away, are you?"she raises an eyebrow.

"I-I no! I wouldn't! No..." I stammer. I'm praying so that she lets me go.
"I'm going to need you stay for the night, Monica. It's dark, and cold, and terribly dangerous right now! I wouldn't want you to get hurt, right?"
"Y-yeah...but I really should go! I can take the risk!"
"Oh honey, no, you can maybe. But I cannot take that risk for you. That's not what your mother would want for you if she was here...."

Okay...WHAT! How did she know that?! She didn't see me from her window, right? Oh no!

"I-I...I don't understand. What...what do you mean by that?"
"Oh,well...you know, if your mother was here, in this very kitchen, she wouldn't let you go."

Moment of relief...

"Oh, okay then....you're right...she wouldn't want me to do so." there's no point in fighting because this woman is going to get what she wants anyway. "I'll stay for the night."