Family

"Harry, I have splendid news!" Ariana runs over to me. "What is it?" My mood changes from thinking of a way to kill Marcel after the incident this morning to exitement.

"My- wait, love, you smell like syrup." She cringes her nose. "Marcel spilled his waffles on me." I say, earning a laugh from her. "Anyways, my mum wants to finally meet you! She's taking off work for the day to invite you for dinner." Ariana smiles. "Really? When?" I hold her hands. "This Saturday!" She begins to jump up and down making her curls bounce.

"Saturday?" My face drops. "You can't make it?" She sounds sad now. "I could, but my mum and step-father will be coming home this weekend." "Oh." "Well we could make a different day. I mean, you haven't seen your folks in a while now and-" "No, Ari. It's ok. I can make it. I'm just saying my parents are just coming back. No biggie." I give her a warm smile. "Are you sure? It's your parents, ya know?" She sways my arms side to side. "I know, but I will make it. Promise." I kiss her hand. "Ok. I love you."
-----------
Saturday

"Harry! Marcel! Edward!" Mum walks in kissing all of us. "Stop." Ed wipes his cheek. "Uh, a little help, Anne?" Robin stuggles with the suitcases and bags. "Oh, sorry!" Mum rushes over to help him.

"So, Mum, how was the trip?" Marcel helps carry the bags. "Wonderful. I did miss England though. Feels good to be home." She warmly smiles. "And we bought you presents." She opens a little suitcase and we all gather around her. "Harry, here is yours." She gives me a bag that has new clothes and a new phone case. "Marcel." "And Ed."

Marcel got books and new clothing as well. He was holding comic books and ugly vests, but he likes its.. I guess.

And Edward got a Alot of Nirvana shirts and a few new pair of sunglasses.

"Thanks Mum and Rob." Marcel said and Edward and I repeated after.

"Anything for my boys." She kisses us again.

Mum was cleaning the kitchen, as Marcel was getting lost in his books and comics.

Ed was on his phone taking selfies..?, as I choke down a bananna.

"What do you boys want for dinner?" Mum asks.

"Speaking of dinner.." I began. "I'm um going to Ariana's house for dinner." I mumble. "Ariana? Who is this Ariana now?" Mum asks. "Just a friend." I say. "Yeah, your girlfriend." Ed laughs from the living room. "Girlfriend?" Mum smiles. "Yeah, kinda like that." I rub the back of my neck. "Well you can go to her house. But behave!" She warns. "Mum! I got it. I'm not Ed." I say. "Fuck you!" He yells at me. "Edward watch your language." Mum glares at him. "Whatever." He snarls.

------------

I walk up her porch, holding a single rose in my sweaty palms.

Wonder if her family doesn't like me?
Wonder if they hate the way I wear my hair?
Shit, I feel like puking.
Maybe I should just walk away...

"Harry." Ariana opens the door before I could run off.

"Hey love. Uhhh... This is for you." I hand her the rose. "It's gorgeous. Thank you." She gladly accepts the red flower. "Frankie!" She calls.

Frankie? Now where have I heard that name before?

Soon, a tall-ish man stands by the doorway, looking at me with angered eyes. "A styles triplet?" He says with clenched teeth.

Oh shit. It's frankie Grande.