Chapter 2: January 17th, Part 1

January 17, 1956

Jackie awoke to the smell of burnt eggs.

Her first thought was: Jack.

Though not being terrible in the kitchen that certainly didn't mean he was good.

Jackie pulled on a bathrobe and went downstairs straight into the kitchen and clasped a hand over her mouth to stop a giggle, Jack had Kick in one arm with chocalate smudged on her face and Bella was standing at his feet with a pack of chocalate chips, Jack himself had chocalate on his nose and some pancake in his hair, she looked to his left and saw a pile of what looked like it was supposed to be chocalate chip pancakes, though it could be cookies but it was breakfast so it was probably the former.

"Need some help?" she asked.

Jack turned and winced at the tight tug Kick gave to his hair.

"Hi Jackie." he smiled.

"How bad did you ruin the pan?" Jackie asked pushing past him.

"I don't ruin pans!" he said playfully.

"You sound like a three year old..." Jackie muttered as she inspected her precious piece of cooking dishware.

"Ok I don't see any visible marks but I think I'll take over breakfast." Jackie said, giving Jack a look that said,"I you say otherwise you will be sorry."

Jack put a singular hand up in a surrendering pose and said,"Ok ok!"

"Come on Bella." he said to the one year old at his feet.

Bella said,"Ok!" before she waddled after her father as they exited the room.

Jackie rolled her eyes in fondness, hopefully Bella would have some sort of decency in the kitchen, she'd already given up on Kick.

"I'll see you after work!" Jackie said as her husband left the house.
"Make sure Kick doesn't pull some your hair out like last week!" Jack said cheerily as he exited the house.

Jackie handled the small unoticable patch of bald on her head.

"I won't." she called.

"Love you!" Jack blew a kiss at her.

"We love you too!" Jackie smiled and blew one back at him.

As the taxi with him inside exited the driveway Jackie sighed and closed the door and turned around.

And to her shock she saw...

"Ted."