Chapter 43: Lies

July 3, 1957

Jack awoke on a hard surface. He groaned at the pounding headache he had, obviously from his hangover.

How much had he drunk last night?

With a groan he sat up and opened his eyes.

He frowned, this didn't look anything like the hotel.

He looked down at the bed he was sitting on. And sleeping there was Marilyn Monroe.

Jack hurried back to the hotel after he found his clothes strewn across the floor, his headache was still pounding and refusing to go away. Luckily he hadn't woken the sleeping actress, hopefully he could give her some money and she could pretend this never happened.

He tapped his foot nervously in the back of the car.

He made up his mind, he couldn't tell Jackie, it would stress her and hurt her pregnacy, and things might end up like Addison...

He bit his lip, no he couldn't tell Jackie.

When he arrived home it was 12:13PM, he should be campaigning he said to himself.

Jackie looked up from a newspaper as he walked in and dropped it as soon as she saw him and raced at him before throwing her arms around his neck.

"Oh god Jack..." she muttered into his neck,"You worried be so much! Where were you?"

Jack bit his lip, trying to think of an excuse.

He decided to tell the half truth,"After campaigning..." he muttered.

"I decided to go to a bar, have a few drinks, and a few turned into a lot."

Jackie frowned.

"I must've blacked out and I woke up with the bartender shaking me awake about an hour ago.

Jackie sighed,"Tell me when you're going to get a drink so I can chaperone you, so that doesn't happen again. How's your back? That can't have been good for it."

Jack winced, though he hadn't slept how Jackie thought he had slept on a very uncomfortable bed.

"It's not too bad." he muttered.

Jackie frowned and pushed him down into a chair and started massaging his back.

Jack sighed in relief, how could he have done this to Jackie? Never again.