Chapter 18: Welcome to Hawaii

February 15, 1957

Jackie grinned as she stepped into the humid Hawaiin air, it was so warm in contrast to the February cold they'd been experiencing in Massachussets.

Kick and Bella had large grins on their faces, both loving the place already, and only a few moments earlier they'd been crying themselves silly.

Jackie looked to her right and a beautiful ocean and beach was there, to her left a breathtaking view of a patch of volcanoes. To think that this beautiful land may become a state made her shocked, it seemed like a paradise, and it soon may become a state in a country her husband may take control of.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Jack asked from behind her.

Jackie could only nod.

"Well come on then." Jack grinned at her.

"Let's get this stuff dropped off at the hotel so we can enjoy it while we can!"
Kick clapped her hands in agreeance.

Soon the family of four was on the warm sand near the ocean, Bella and Kick playing in the sand while Jack and Jackie watched with smiles on their faces, no famousness seemed to have followed them here, they were just... normal people.

"Feels like summer again." Jackie muttered, to think it was the middle of the winter.

"I know what President Roosevelt meant now." Jack smiled at her and placed a kiss on her head.

Jackie smiled up at him.

"Live!" Bella said waddling over toward them a joyous expression on her face.

"Live?" Jack questioned Jackie, he knew and admitted she understood Bella's speaking better then he did.

"Live here?" Jackie asked Bella.

Bella nodded vigorously and fell into the sand and came back up laughing.

Jackie raised an eyebrow and turned to Jack,"I think that means this will be a regular vacationing spot."

Jack grinned,"So far I agree, just get a vacation home before it becomes a state!"
Jackie laughed,"We're still not sure if it's going to be a state!"

Jack told her,"Trust me, I know Eisenhower, if this isn't a state soon then Bella is a boy."

Jackie rolled her eyes and lay back in the sand, looking up at the sky, trusting Jack to take care of the children, even if it was only for a bit.

Later the Kennedy's were found sipping from coconut's at BlackJack's Diner. It's name reminded Jackie of her father, who was nicknamed Black Jack Bouvier. While eating, Jack pointed out to Jackie a band that was starting a performance, Jackie paid attention to the odd music and loved it already.

"I love the music." she said to her husband.

"I love you." Jack grinned at pecked her on the cheek.

Jackie flushed at the public showing affection but when she noticed nobody was watching, shook of her nerves and kissed him back.

After dinner the couple returned hand in hand, smiling at each other and whispering into each others ears like they were teenagers.