Chapter 35: News Of The Bad Sort

June 12, 1957

The Kennedy family were really starting to settle well in the new home, yesterday their old home had been moved into by the Russian couple and now things were good in the new home.

Jack and Jackie had decided they would decorate the new babies room when they found out what gender it was, as they wanted to do so this time around.

Jack was home from work today and had decided he wanted Jackie and him to tell the press about Jackie's pregnacy as they hadn't done so yet and she was bound to start showing soon.

At 1:00PM that day he, Jackie, Bella and Kick came out to tell the press, Jack holding Kick and Jackie, Bella.

The press were already swarming.

"Why did you call us here Mr. Kennedy?" One shouted.

"Are you aware that Ted Kennedy has been released from the asylum!" One yelled.

Jack and his wife froze.

They turned to each other not seeming to hear the questions anymore.

"Ted's gotten out?" Jackie asked, eyes widening.

Jack paused, it was Sunday so of course there wasn't news but it'd be all over the papers tomorrow.

"Let's get this done quick." Jack muttered, and turned to face the reporters.

"We'd like to announce something of importance." Jack said.

The press became less quiet and listened attentively.

Jack nodded at Jackie.

"Three months ago." Jackie said.

"I learned that I was pregnant."

Gasps began in the press and hushed murmerings.

"Mrs. Kennedy did you purposely get pregnant right after the miscarriage?"

"Mr. Kennedy are you sure it's yours?"
Jackie went back inside despite the disappointment of the press.

"That's all we have time for." Jack yelled, stepping back inside, slamming the door.

When he came into the room he set Kick on the ground and walked over to his wife and sat beside her.

"Hey." he muttered.

"Hey." she whispered back.

"You ok?"

Jackie paused for a moment before nodding,"Are you?" she asked.

He squeezed her hand.

"Ya."

They sat in a comfortable silence for a while, and Jack almost was on the verge of falling asleep when he heard his wife say something he didn't hear.

"What was that Jackie?" he asked.

"How did Ted get out?"

Jack sighed,"I don't know, Ted's a powerful man, as is every Kennedy. He's bound to have something up his sleeve, besides I'm sure the press will explain tomorrow, now come on, why don't you get some rest, it's been a long day."

Jack squeezed her hand.

"But Kick and Bella-" Jackie started.

Jack interrupted her,"Will be taken care of by me."

Jackie bit her lip.

"Oh alright."