Chapter 26: Perfect Home

April 12, 1957

Jack and Jackie had been looking at houses for about a week, Jackie was getting jumpy, she wanted everything ready for her baby when they were born and if they didn't get a house in the next month nothing would probably be ready.

Jack often found her pacing, usually with Bella or Kick on her hip, and biting her fingernails, a nasty habit from her youth come back to bite her.

Jackie wanted to stay in Massachusetts for many reasons, first of all, she felt at home now that she'd lived there for two years, and she also knew that Jack's senate job could draw him away for months if they lived somewhere else, and the girls hardly saw Jack anyways.

Jack had wanted a home in Georgetown, Washington D.C. but he soon decided he'd stick with Jackie when she expressed her concerns.

APRIL 16, 1957

Four days later on April 16, Jack and Jackie found a house they both agreed on and liked, it was a home in Marlborough, Massachusetts. It had three stories and a basement, the first story had a living room, kitchen, and two other rooms, the next floor up had a bathroom, and 4 bedrooms, one, the master bedroom, had a balcony, the top floor had a bathroom, a large room previously used as a playroom from the family living there formerly, and two more bedrooms.

Jackie loved it, and Jack thought it as good as house's could get, after all, Jackie was happy. Jackie suggested since there were six bedrooms (not counting the two empty rooms downstairs) they could make a theme for each of their children's rooms.

"That's a great idea Kid!" Jack said, for once intrested in decorating.

"Well then." Jackie said, grinning at her husband.

"Lets hurry up and by the house!"