Chapter 54: Bye papa

October 17, 1957

Bella frowned as she looked out the large glass wall. A large winged oval was the center of her attention.

"What that?" she heard her little sister call from her mothers arms.

She turned and saw Kick pointing lazily at the winged oval.

"That's an airplane darling." Jackie said.

"Why daddy on airplane?" the eleven month old asked.

"Because he's doing something important for his work." Jackie said.

Bella turned around and faced her mother, her bottom lip beginning to tremble,"Mama, when is daddy coming home?"

Jackie sighed and squatted down to face her,"Arabella you are going to have to be very brave for me alright?"

Bella frowned but nodded,"Your daddy's going to be away for a long time. But he will come back, he always comes back."

Bella scanned her mother's chocolate brown eyes with her green ones,"Ok mommy."

Bella turned back around and faced the airplane her father was aboard.

It was beginning to move, rushing forward with great speed, Bella had to run along the glass wall in order see.

"Bye papa! Bye papa!" she shouted, not caring about the odd looks.

She finally stopped and waved as her father's airplane flew upward and into the sky. And then she became curious.

She turned to her mother who was hurrying over to her,"Mama? How do airplanes work?"