Chapter 39: Kick's View on Life

Hey guys this chapter is a little different! It's in Kick's POV!

July 1, 1957

Kick awoke earlier then usual. She awoke with her... well she wouldn't say friend... her... roomate's feet in her face. They were big and stinky. She grumbled,"Bella in annoyance before sinking her teeth into her siblings foot.

Bella awoke with a yelp and started crying.

Kick smirked at her sister before she heard the familiar sound of her parents frantically rushing in. She wondered sometimes why were they always so frantic and worried?

When they saw Bella crying the man picked her up and started rocking her back and forth to stop her crying.

Kick frowned at her sister, why was she getting special treatment?

She cried out,"Ma!" indignantly which attracted her mother's attention.

Kick saw mothers arms were free so lifted her own and said,"Ma!" again.

The women sighed and picked her up.

She grinned smugly at her opponent in the man's arms.

She had the more comfortable person. The other one was way too bony.

Sadly the her opponent didn't see her sucess.

Kick frowned to herself, it was sweet victory that she'd try to rub in later but right now she was going to ignore the women trying to talk to her and close her sleepy eyes and drift off to slumber.