Chapter 19: Nightmares and Hikes

February 16, 1957

Jackie woke up after a terrible nightmare, right before falling asleep her mind had flashed back to Addison. In her nightmare, she was at home back in Massachusetts and she was in bed, sleeping when suddenly a crying starts, she awoke and she thought, Kick. But then she went into Bella and Kick's room and the crying is coming from a third crib. Jackie frowned and went over to it, and inside it a baby's skeleton with some skin on it and one long eyeball was crying, Jackie had backed away scared as heck, but the baby Addison was soon out of the crib, Jackie panicked now screamed for Jack as she tried to open the locked door, the door opened then, and Jack looking concerned opened it, Jackie jumped into his arms and he looked startled, when Jackie pulled back he was as skeleton as Addison.

Jackie screamed again and turned to grab and save Bella and Kick, but both were already skeleton's. Jackie screamed and got into a ball on the floor as Jack, Bella, Kick and Addison advanced on her.

Jackie put her head in her hands.

She began to cry as quietly as possible and soon she felt warm arms wrap around her. She looked over and saw her husband, not a skeleton looking at her with concern ghostly like that of which was in the dream.

Jackie sobbed into Jack's startled chest and hugged him tight when she saw he didn't turn into a skeleton.

Jack rubbed her back as she squeezed him tight and asked quietly what was wrong.

Jackie tried to talk but ended up crying.

Once getting a hold of herself Jackie muttered,"I had a dream about Addison."

Jack looked at her, brow furrowed in confusion,"Addison?"

Jackie hadn't explained to him the sentimental name she had given their lost child. After explaining it, she then explained the dream.

Jack rubbed her back as she started to cry softly again and hugged her.

She breathed him in. She had a wonderful husband.

Four hours later and after more sleep, this time good, Jackie and the others in her family were ready for a relaxing day in Hawaii, Jack had suggested taking a hike up to the volcanoes, Jackie had frowned, and asked what they'd do about Kick and Bella.

Jack had grinned and said that they needed a break, just hire a baby sitter.

Jackie had frowned but after Jack looking at her with his eyebrows raised and a ridiculous grin on his face for long enough, she laughed and said yes.

Jackie was amazed at the many plants and animals and such that she saw while hiking to popular volcano.

She remarked to Jack as they looked at the volcano before the hike how different they seemed to be compared to the ones she was used to.

After the hike at about 4:00PM Jack and Jackie decided to spend the rest of the day on the beach, they weren't due back to the hotel for another hour.

Jackie fell asleep while leaning on Jack's shoulder, and woke up thirty minutes later to Jack gently tapping her.

She muttered,"Whaaaa...."

And he grinned at her sleepiness and said,"Time's up."
"Oh... right." Jackie said, still waking up.

By the time they got to the hotel though Jackie was fully awake and annoyed that Jack went straight to sleep, she was bored and alone. She yawned, well... maybe she wasn't fully awake.