Chapter 47: Pictures, Rubix Cubes, New Words and Naps

July 15, 1957

Jackie gulped.

She tapped her foot nervously as she waited for the doctor to say something.

Jack's hand squeezed hers as they waited to find out the gender of the child.

The doctor narrowed his eyes as he tried to decipher whether the child was a girl or boy.

Finally he looked away from the screen and smiled at the two.

"Well Mr. and Mrs. Kennedy I am happy tell you that the new addition to the family is a girl."

Jackie's eyes widened and she looked over at Jack who was looking at her with a similar expression.

"Did you hear that kid? We have another baby girl." Jack said with a smile.

Jackie smiled back and threw her arms around him.

"We know Kick'll be happy about that." she muttered.

"So will Bella." Jack said, squeezing her tight to his chest.

"Though honestly Jackie." he teased.

"I'm going to go crazy if you don't get another boy in the house."

After arriving home Jack and Jackie took over from Eunice, who'd been kind enough to babysit.

"Kick is sleeping." Eunice said,"Bella found a rubric cube and has been messing with it, I hope you don't mind."

"It's fine." Jackie said with a smile.

Eunice stayed over for a bit longer, she and Jack talked a bit about the campaign (was that all they talked about?) before Eunice said her goodbyes and left.

Jackie grasped a picture of the baby in her hand and looked down at it, a smile on her face.

"We should show Bella." Jackie said.

Jack nodded,"Agreed."

When the two entered their older daughter's room said child was in her Beatrix Potter crib and looking at the rubix cube in intense concentration.

Jackie almost laughed as Bella jumped when she noticed her parents had entered the room.

"Hi there my beautiful Bouvier." Jack said as he walked up to Bella and picked her up.

Bella grinned up at him though Jackie saw she was eyeing the Rubrix cube still.

"Bella we have something to show you." Jackie said.

Bella frowned,"What Ma?"

Jackie took out the picture and showed Bella,"This is your new sister."

Bella frowned as she looked at the picture.

"Why dark?"

"Because it's a picture taken from your mama's tummy." Jack said.

Bella squinted at it.

"Weird."

Jackie's eyebrow's raised. That was a new word.

"You're a smart one." Jack praised as he bounced Bella on his hip.

She grinned up at him.

Jackie yawned.

Jack's attention was immediately drawn to his wife.

"Do you need to sit down?" he asked.

Jackie smiled tiredly,"I think I'll take a nap, the pregnacies have really worn me down."

"Go on, take a nap." Jack said and pushed her gently in the direction of their bedroom.

Jackie sighed and shook her head fondly, Jack was quite overprotective and overconcerned.

Then again, she did need a nap.

A/N: Is anyone actually still reading this?