Chapter 24: Happy Easter

April 1, 1957 Easter

The following day was easter and Jack and Jackie were hosting it this year, since their plans last year had failed.

Bobby, Ethel, Kathleen, Joseph, Robert, and David were the first to arrive, David and Bella immediately spotted each other and waddled into the living room where Bella's toys were.

After them Jack's sister Kick arrived with her husband and three children, all the way from England.

Kick and her husband William Harington immediately started talking to Ethel and Bobby, Kick's two year old twins Harry and James sniffed out their cousin Joseph soon enough and the three started playing, Kick, Jack and Jackie's daughter, found a playmate in her cousin Ella.

Soon enough everyone else arrived and Rose Kennedy started making dinner despite it being 3:00 she needed as much time in the kitchen as possible.

With the entirety of the Kennedy clan at their home, with the exeptions of Ted and most unfortuneatly, Joe Jr., Jackie led everyone outside into the large backyard where they began chittering and chattering.

Jackie had had the wonderful idea to make an egg hunt for the children so they'd bought many a plastic eggs, put candy inside them and hidden them (poorly) around the backyard for the kids to find.

Jack and Jackie announced the beginning of the scavenger hunt and Jack decided to help Bella get eggs and Jackie was left to help troublesome Kick.

"I swear he does that on purpose..." she muttered before pointing out a purple egg for Kick.

After the scavenger hunt it was determined that Joe Jr., Bobby's second oldest, had gotten the most eggs, which made his grandfather and namestake Joe Sr. to congradulate him and talk favorably of him for the rest of the day.

When Rose served dinner later that day, during the middle of the meal Jack nodded at Jackie, and the nervous Jackie tapped her glass with a fork and drew everyones attention to her.

Jackie gulped before she took on her strong composure and started talking.

"Hello everyone, Jack and I are very happy to have hosted our home for the Easter holiday, and we hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did, we thank Joe and Rose for allowing us to host it since we were unable during the circumstances last easter... Jack and I are also happy to announce that... "

Jackie gulped as the entirety of the Kennedy's looked at her inquisivly,"That I am once more pregnant."

Jackie bowed her head and sat down.

After the announcments there were half hearted Congratulation's said to Jack and Jackie before things returned to normal and everyone as happily dining again.

Jackie felt something squeeze her hand from under the table and smiled nervously at Jack who smiled confidently back.

"Good job." he said to her.

She simply nodded and looked over at Bella who looked happy yet confused and Kick who just looked annoyed.

She hesitantly took her gaze away from her children and said to Jack,"Happy Easter."

He smiled at her and squeezed her hand again,"Happy Easter."