Chapter 16: A Dedicated Husband

February 8, 1957

Jackie awoke with a yawn, she looked around to see what time of the day Kick had woken her to be fed, but was suprised to see it was 9:00.

She frowned and stood up and went into her daughter's room, and saw Jack with a bottle in his hand and a sleepy Kick in the other.

Here eyes raised and after Jack finished she asked him as he left the room,"Did you stay up all night?"

Jack smiled sleepily at her, which gave her the answer.

She rolled her eyes, her husband was sweet but cuckoo.

"Cards?" Jack asked as they went downstairs.

Jackie shrugged,"Sounds good, let me make some breakfast quick though."

Jack nodded, soon Jackie was out of the kitchen, two dishes of bacon, eggs, and toast upon each plate.

She had given Jack a lot more bacon, as she wasn't the biggest fan.

The two of them sat down and Jack started dealing out the cards while Jackie ate her eggs.

"You know, I've been thinking." Jack said as he dealt out the cards.

"Mmhmm?" Jackie asked, as she picked up a piece of toast.

"Since we've been through alot lately, I figured that we might..."

Jack grinned and Jackie raised her eyebrows as she took a bite of her bread.

"Take a trip to Hawaii?" He grinned, four plane tickets in his hand.

Jackie dropped the toast and ran over to her husband, who enveloped her in a hug.

"Hawaii?" Jackie asked into his shirt.

"Yep." Jack said in her ear.

She laughed as a piece of bacon dropped onto Jack's shoulder some how.

"How..." Jackie asked while laughing, her head on his lap.

Jack took the bacon off his shoulder and took a bite.

After getting themselves under control, Jackie asked,"When is the trip?"

"The fifteenth." Jack said.

Jackie nodded,"That gives us almost a week."

"Well then." Jack grinned, clapping his hands together.

"Let's get this show on the road."