Chapter 32 || Was I wrong?

Chelsea

I soon realized that I should go upstairs and tell my mother so I could get things figured out.

"Hey.." I trailed off as I entered the living room.

My mother glared at me and turned her head.

"Um yeah it was um positive and yeah." I said looking at the wall.

"I see," she nodded," what do you expect me to do?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

What did she want me to say?

What was she expecting?

Um yeah I'm sorry mom but I was gone all summer and when I came home I couldn't be bothered to buy condoms or stay in birth control  because I didn't plan on using it but um yeah here I am.

"I should say, what are you going to do about this?" She nodded towards my stomach.

"I mean I still don't know for sure, a doctor hasn't told me if it's true."

Even if I was I wasn't sure what I'd do. As a child my mother always told me abortions were for people who were tricked or forced into Having a baby which I realized as I got older was known as rape.

And I clearly didn't fit into that category.

I wasn't tricked or forced it was my choice, my Mistake.

I didn't really know what to say.

I wanted to believe it was impossible for me to have a baby in high school but the truth is, that it was possible. Their are plenty of teen moms these days I just didn't like the thought of being one.

"If you want.." she started and stopped as if to think about her words," I can ask about other options, if you are indeed positive."

I slowly nodded my head not thinking of the words.

Maybe if I just pretended it wasn't real it would all go away?

But that's not real life.

I slowly turned away and went back down the stairs and crashed into my bed.

I wanted to cry that's all I ever wanted to do but I couldn't I had cried enough over the past few days.

I decided sleep would be best.

I slept as much I could and tried to avoid all human interaction as I went to and from school.

I decided that it might be smart to text Michael as I had been avoiding all contact with the boys since I told Michael and Calum.

Me- it happens on Tuesday.

Michael- Chelsea oh my god are you okay? What happens on Tuesday??

Me- I'll find out and it'll all be taken care of if needed.

Michael- are you getting an abortion????

Me- what else am I meant to do.

Michael- ...

Me- Iloveyou but this has to be my choice, I know it's a selfish one. I know it's should be our choice but I'm making the decision. And I have decided.