Chapter 22 || The breakup.

-Chelsea-

It was quiet and peaceful for a few days no fighting really, but today was Saturday and that meant that I would be leaving tomorrow.

I wore a happy face all morning even though the fear was slowly rising through me.

We all had went out to lunch to hang out before my departure the next day, Michael didn't really seem to be worrying about it at this moment. I could feel myself shaking as I tried to eat the soup I had ordered.

"Are you okay?" Michael asked worriedly.

"yeah, I'm fine." I fake smiled.

He placed his hand on my thigh and began to rub it trying to get me to relax. It worked for a little while but as soon as we got back I felt a total urge to freak out.

"excuse me." I mumbled to the four boys as I went inside the house and down into the basement.

I leaned up against a wall a and slide to the ground as the tears streamed from my face. It wasn't very long until Michael appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

"Chelsea-"

"Please don't." I stuttered as I placed my head into my knees.

I lifted my head slightly to see him sit down next to me and put his arms around me.

"This is too nice." I cried.

"What's nice?"

"This," I emphasized, as I placed my head on his shoulder." Us, I like it too much."

"I like it too," he chuckled." It's..Nice.."

"But I don't deserve it." I said sucking in my breath.

The happiness soon went away again.

"Why wouldn't you chels?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"I just don't wanna leave, and I feel like that's selfish," I spoke quietly. "Please don't let me go."

"I don't want you to leave either," he admitted as he caressed my cheek with his thumb." But you know you have to, you have to go back to your real life."

"I'm just scared, I'm scared you'll forget me."  I sobbed. "My real life didn't include you besides some dumb obsession."

"You know I won't-"

"But what if you do."

"You're overreacting Chelsea," he sighed at my obvious paranoia." I'm not going to forget about you."

"You don't know that, " I argued and looked in the opposite direction." You're going to be busy again-"

"Look at you?" He sighed. "What about the speech you gave me the other night, does it not apply to you?"

"Michael that was different-"

"Chelsea, we've had this argument a million times before." he mumbled as he pulled his arms away leaving me feeling cold and empty." If it's going to be so much trouble dating me, then maybe we should just break up?"

The words hit me like a brick wall.

" Yeah you know what, Maybe we should," I retorted sternly and I took off up the stairs. "Its not like I loved you or anything."

I cried as I sprinted out the front door to the corner of the street and sat under the huge willow tree like I had before, crying for what felt like forever struggling to breath. My stomach twisted in discomfort of my word choice, and my throat tightened as I thought about the face he had when I said that, and the walls of my heart caved in as I sat there alone regretting everything. I kept waiting and hoping he'd come and find me but he didn't.

-

I heard someone call my name but I ignored it, I laid curled up in a ball against this tree for what seemed like hours, I still felt like I couldn't breath and I didn't feel like moving.

"Chelsea?"

"Calum?" I cried.

I looked up to see if it was him but my vision seemed blurred from all the crying.

"I-I-" I said as I laid flat on my stomach and slammed my head into the ground.

I heard him come over and lay next to me.

"I suppose you want me to tell you how to get him back?" He chuckled." But honestly Chelsea, I think this is for the best."

I looked up at him in disgust at his words.

"Please don't be offended, and no it's not because I have some weird crush on you, I'm only saying this because I would rather you guys end it now then end it later because of the whole long distance thing, or worse."

"I guess," I nodded." Have you seen him?"

"No, after we heard you take off we sent Ashton down to check on him but he wouldn't talk and Ashton said he just sat there on his bed and stared into the wall refusing eye contact."

I tried to concentrate on my breathing and felt myself shaking.

"We better get back I guess." I sighed.

"Well we don't really have to." Calum smirked as he pulled a bottle of lemon chello out of his shirt. "Want some?"

I quickly took the bottle and had a huge sip, shuttering at the taste.

"Lemons And gasoline, yum." We chuckled.

we stayed talking until I couldn't remember.

-----------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Editing!