S E V E N T E E N

*Chapter Seventeen (edited version)

Song For This Chapter:
Why Don't We-In Too Deep

*AT THE TOP IS RYDER😻😩😧

.....

RECAP!

"Mom thinks it would be a great idea if we went on a family camping trip," Blake says repeating their mother's words.

"What! It's almost the end of freaking October!" I say remembering the month and how cold it is.

"Oh please you guys will be fine, I even took in the pleasure of inviting your friends." Karen proclaims, and I start to let out a huge breath.

"Thank god! I don't think I can handle these idiots alone." I say pointing to the guys, and dad stifles a laugh.

"Pfft, whatever." Cole sarcastically said and I give him a glare.

"But just so you know, your mother and I will be taking your phones as well," Dad states, and we all immediately gasp.

I cannot go a day without my phone let alone any technology.

.....

"Okay, what's so important? that you called us over Jessica's house." Leon looked towards Charlotte, who was nervously fiddling with her hands.

"I may or may not have found out I have a long lost brother." Charlotte hesitantly said as the room went silent.

"How in the hell did that happen?" Ryder was the first to speak up and I started thinking of possible scenarios.

I looked to Charlotte who looked to be down about the situation.

"I found a box of photos with a boy on every photo and my dad with him," Charlotte said explaining the details.

"Does the boy look like your mom or dad?" I asked and she simply said her dad.

"Well, do you have an idea of who he could be?" Leon questioned.

"All I know is that his last name is Johnson," Charlotte said.

I start to think of multiple people in our school and it all boils down to one.

Trey.

I then look at Leon and Ryder as we seem to have gathered the same thoughts, staring at each other wide-eyed. Charlotte takes a look at all our faces and nervously starts to speak.

"Oh my God! Who did you guys come up with!?" Charlotte exclaims and the guys look to me, of course, they want me to tell her.

"We may have boiled it down to one person, and you may or may not know this person," I say calmly to stop her from freaking out even more. "This guy also known as your possible brother is probably Trey."

"Are you serious?!" Charlotte asks still unsure hoping it's not true.

"I mean we could always get a DNA test," Ryder suggests and we all look to Charlotte.

"That's actually not a bad idea, but now we just need a swab of my dad and Trey's DNA," Charlotte says before looking to me.

"Okay simple, Jessica you get a swab for Trey and Charlotte you get one for your dad," Leon says and I shake my head.

"There is no way Trey is just going to give me a swab of his saliva," I say wondering what's going through my friend's minds.

"That's easy just ask your brothers to do it for you, say it's for an experiment on saliva," Leon says and Ryder starts laughing.