Chapter 30 - Plans

KEI's POV  

He chuckled and he didn't hesitate to extend his hand and said, "Nice to meet you Kei. I'm Atsushi Yoshino. I'm Haru's Father." 

My mind went blank and my eyes were wide. I sat still at my chair and I was trembling. Being nervous and unease was all I felt during the moment with a little bit of worry. I was worrying because I'm thinking of that Haru's father might ask me questions straight to the point.

But there is still some question inside my mind like, how did he know my name? Why is he that sure that if I'm the ''Kei' he was looking for? Did by chance, Haru told his parents about me? 

''N-nice to meet you" Then I bowed nervously. "I wasn't expecting that you would be Haru's father."  I admit. 

He smiled at me and replied, "And I wasn't expecting that I will have the chance to meet the person my son admires."  

"uhmm." I wasn't able to answer properly. It was too awkward. The way he answers and his smiles feels like it was fake. Of course it will be. I'm dealing with a man who has better and perfect plans for his son. Especially, he does know that I'm Kei right? Of course, he has suspicions on what is happening to the three of us and he won't just burst in anger that easily. 

I was about to have a decent reply but I didn't knew that he wasn't done answering yet. 'And Shiori's rival." He sighed. "My son is really lucky. He has two girls fighting over him. Sounds cool right?" 

I gulp the saliva in my mouth and think of another reply I have to say. But because I was really nervous and scared at the same time, my mind was a mess. 

"Uhm, We are not really fighting sir. Recently, we just talked." Was all I can say. 

"Ohh? What did the both of you talked about? If you don't mind if I ask." 

I knew it. I was already expecting this kind of question from Mr. Yoshino. Of course, he wants to know everything and he has questions he wants to be answered right away.

"I'm sorry. If you don't want to answer, it's fine." Even though he did said that, I wasn't at ease. I still let myself expect for the worst. I shouldn't let my guard down. I should be sharp when it comes in answering his questions.

"Dear, please don't be nervous. I won't hurt you or order my body guards to kidnap you." I continue to stare at him like I was waiting for another question to be thrown at me. I want to be ready and calm if he is planning to ask me again. I want to be collected so I won't mess up.

"Is it okay if I ask you again? But the topic will be different."  He started.

"Uhm, Y-yes. Please feel free to ask." I invited hesitantly.

"Ohh?" He answered with his eyes a bit wide as he put his hand on the couch. He sighed and he didn't hesitate to ask, "Well. Then." His aura changed into a stoic one. "Do you have any ideas why Shiori cancelled the engagement today?"

I slam my hand on the table loudly due to astonishment causing for Mr. Yoshino to startle a bit. His body guards quickly approached us and they thought I was going to hurt Mr. Yoshino. But he dismissed them and told them its fine.

"What? She did that?!"  I asked in a high tone.

I was completely shocked. Why in the world would Shiori cancel the engagement? I thought she was that eager to marry Haru but what happen? Anger start to enter me and to be honest, I was also irritated by now. I clenched my two fists as I start cursing inside my head.

Is she a wacko?! I know I should be happy right now because Shiori cancelled the engagement but that's not the point here. It's about Haru's situation and feelings about this event.  For sure he'll felt a little ease but also confused. Confused to the fact if Shiori will let him go or not. Or if Shiori has a different plan.