Chapter 23 - The Music Lover's Defeat

HARU'S POV

After letting Shiro go, I decided to go home. But before I go home, I decided to change my clothes first before leaving. 

It was kinda dark when I arrived at the classroom. I changed my clothes right away, but while changing,  I heard something fell.

I quickly went out of the changing room and open the lights and I saw Kei sitting on the floor with her arms protecting her head. I looked at her and she was kinda scared.

I walked towards her and said, 'hey, you okay?"  She slowly lift her head and she was kinda teary eyed, and I think it was kinda c-cute. I suddenly blush for what I have thought, I was gonna hid my face but Kei suddenly hugged me.

I blushed even more and said,  "hey! what's the big idea?" she quickly let go of me and apologized, she was kinda flushed red. I was about to ask her what's wrong but then she sighed,  "I'm sorry."

I looked at her and accepted her apology, then out of the blue, she bowed and she decided to go home.

I quickly grabbed her hand and said, "if you're going home, then I'll accompany you. " She looked at me with big eyes and replied, "no, no, it's fine you see. and maybe you have something to do."

"no I don't have so just stay here, 'kay?" she nodded and took a sit.

After changing, she was fast asleep, I sighed and I was about to wake her ip but I stared at her for a few seconds and I thought, she's really cute when she's asleep and she's really bubbly when awake. This girl is really something Huh?

I quickly slapped myself and I said, really Haru? after Megumi you'll be hitting on Kei? how far can you be so pathetic?

I just woke her up and gave her my jacket before we went off. she was really quiet when we walk home. well, maybe she's just really tired.

when we reached her street, she bowed and thank me.  but before I proceed walking, she lightly grabbed my arm and ask, "you okay?"   I turn to her and chuckled, "well, I'm not what you call okay but I'll be fine." while I ruffled her hair.

She nodded and said, "I hope you'll  be fine." I smiled at her and said my farewell. 

After that, I proceed going home, while walking, it was kinda quiet and a perfect time to be alone.

But then, I'm still thankful someone is still there to ask me if I'm okay. I guess?

I arrived at the house and as usual,  no one's home. They are all busy with their work.  I sat at the couch and started to relax.

Today is really a rough day huh? As expected,  sometimes, no matter how much effort you exert on something, if it's not meant to be yours, it will never be given to you.

I sighed and I said to myself, maybe my love life is not in the right timing. Maybe, they're right,  don't just simply fall in love,  because everything that falls gets broken. 

Than being sad and despair,  I'll just spend my time playing my game.

I tried concentrating on my game but I can't even pass one level. I pushed myself harder to play that stupid game but the rejection that occurred a while ago still haunts me reaching through the bottom of my heart.

I kept on shooing away those negative and sad thoughts but they still win and they have finally invade my mind and heart. I noticed while playing, Tears started falling from my eyes. I quickly wiped them and thought, "No, No. I'm not crying." 

But no matter how much I say that I'm not crying, I can't even convince myself. Because it is obviously that I'm really that crestfallen.

My head was downcasted a little till my hands throw the game controllers on the wall releasing a loud *Crash!*