Chapter5

"Anyway, so how did you guys meet my brother?" I ask in between laughs. I'm currently sitting inside a shopping trolly in the middle of the supermarket with Calum and Ashton giggling as they push me down the isles. We're still hunting for the right hair dye and got a bit preoccupied with the trolly.

I've learnt in the past hour of shopping that the pair of them are really just big children and incredibly funny as well as good-looking. Luke on the other hand...he seems to be a bit anti-social...and quite miserable to be honest. Every now and then I'll catch him glaring at us as he walks beside the trolly.

"Quite a few months ago, in KFC." Ashton laughs.

"Really? What, you just started talking whilst eating chicken?" Michael isn't really one to talk to strangers.

"Nope. I work there part time. Just a job on the side to get some money while I study, you know? I was drumming on the counter top whilst Mikey was chosing what he wanted to order. He made some smart comment of me fancying myself as a drummer and I said that at least I could play an instrument. He shot back with 'I can play guitar, smart ass'" He impersonates Michaels voice and I laugh. "We started talking and that was it. Introduced him to my buddies back here" He points to Calum who is currently trying to cheer Luke up by making funny faces. "and he joined the band."

"So what's this band called then?" I ask, intrigued. They seem pretty confident about themselves. According to Calum they're 'too cool for school'. Which in itself, just says they aren't.

"Well I liked the name Will Smith!" Calum shouts from behind us.

"He's an actor?..." I asked confused.

"But he's the best actor there is." Calum and Ashton say at the same time and I can't help but laugh at their poker straight faces.

"Old misery guts here" Calum inclines his head toward Luke who glares at him. "And Mikey wouldn't let us name the band that though. Michael wants to name us '5 seconds of Summer'"

"That's quite a good name actually..." I'm surprised my brother managed to make a creative name like that. "but why did he call the band that?"

"Nobody knows." Luke shrugs, speaking for the first time.

"AND HE TALKS!" Calum shouts a little too loudly, throwing his hands up in the air dramatically. Luke glares at him and falls silent again.

"So how old are you guys then?" I ask, trying to get a little more comfortable in the trolly. Luckily my shortness comes in handy with circumstances like these. I can just manage to stretch my legs so it isn't too uncomfortable.

"I'm 19. The grandpa of our band." Ashton says smirking, exposing his cute dimples. He actually looks like he's proud to call himself a granddad. I'm shocked, he not only looks the youngest but he certainly acts like he is. "Shocked are we?" Ashton laughs and I realise my mouth is hanging open.

"I'm almost 18 and a half!" Calum adds, catching up with the shopping trolly, clearly giving up on cheering Luke up.

"Lukey back there is the baby of the group. He's 17." Ashton says for my benefit, knowing Luke won't answer.

"How old are you?" Calum asks.

"16. I'll be 17 next month." I feel a bit embarrassed being the youngest here. Its also just dawned on me that its a bit odd I'm hanging out with my brothers friends. Then again, I'm quite close to Luke's age so its fine.

I glance over at Luke to see that he's already staring at me. He quickly turns away and so do I. I wonder why he's acting so strange?

"Wow! You look older!" Calum says looking shocked.