Chapter20

A/N ~ SHIPPING NAME UPDATE! Luke and Skyler = Skyke. Calum and Skyler = Skylum.

Thinking of Skarvis...Skyvis? For her and Jarvis but I don't know!

Thanks to Acid_Irwin who seems to be a complete genius with these names! That's why I dedicated this chapter to you xDDD

I speed-walk my way out of the school and try to get myself off the school grounds as quickly as possible. My first day back at school since the holidays was today and its just as torturous as it sounds. After having weeks of freedom and then being forced to learn stuff I'm not interested in or understand and confined in rooms with people I hate and don't talk to was unbearable. To make matters worse, Paige wasn't here today because she hasn't been well since the night of the party when she called. That meant I had nobody.

Its quite lame really, that I've grown up in this neighbourhood my whole life, attended primary and am now almost finished high school, yet I only have one friend. Its not that I cant make friends, its just that I don't particularly want to. I'm happy as I am and I'm not exactly what you would class as sociable. I'm fine with Paige and she's fine with me. Its just difficult when one of us is absent.

"Hey, Skyler! Wait up!" The whiny voice of Clarissa calls from behind me. I slow my brisk walking pace and turn around slowly. I hate her guts and she hates mine so I haven't a clue on why she wants to talk to me.

Clarissa is queen of the plastics. A bitch, a backstabber, cheater, twat - anything bad, you name it, she is. Extremely fake, lathered in foundation.

She waddles up to me with her stupid stumpy legs and gives me what I presume is her 'attractive' smile. Her four disciples - as I like to call them because they follow her every move and copy her to a T like she's some kind of god - saunter behind her, forming a sort of V shape with Clarissa at its centre, now standing directly in front of me. I don't know what it is exactly that guys see in her, but every boy in our year seems to be infatuated with her. In my opinion, she's repulsive.

"I missed your birthday, didn't I? Sorry about that." She pretends to be upset. What the hell is she up to?

"Okay then..." I begin to walk away but she calls out again.

"Wait! I got you this present to make up for it!" I turn around and make a huge mistake by doing so. I'm greeted with the slushy she was holding splatter all over my face, drenching my head, shoulders and chest. Who could have thought so much slushy could be contained in such a small cup?

I did wonder why she had a slushy when it was just past winter. Now I know why.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR?!" I yell. She's never usually this forward with her hate. Its always just snide comments in the corridors and glaring stare-offs between us.

"That was for the stupid lipstick joke. Very funny by the way." She glares at me through her evil little eyes before she waddles away with her plastic disciples following. She giggles and they all high-five each other. Lame.

She was referring to the stunt Paige and I pulled just before the holidays. Clarissa was being a pain in the ass and it was just getting on our nerves. Plus one of Paige's many boyfriends ended up dumping her for Clarissa. So we broke into her locker and dusted chilli powder on all her lipsticks. Michael came up with the idea. She walked into school the next day with big swollen lips. Very funny, if I do say so myself. Perhaps not for her but she deserved a taste of her own medicine.

Once the horrors are out of sight I take my hair out of its bobble and shake the slushy coated strands out of the way and ring them out as much as I can before continuing my walk back home. Only this time soaking wet.