Chapter35

"You're better off not knowing"

What the hell does that mean?

Its been a week and both Luke and Ashton refuse to tell me anything about it. Luke just ignored me the one time I asked and walked away when I began to question him. Ashton gives me a sympathetic look when I mention it before slyly changing the topic to something else.

The only reason that I did in fact talk to Luke again after the night of Jarvis, was because the band was practicing. They're really becoming quite big on Youtube. They've added a few more covers and gained a lot of fans. I'm really proud of them, but it'd be easier to celebrate if Luke and I were on better terms.

"Wait, you're telling me that Luke still thinks I go out with you?" Ashton questions, turning to look at me in shock as we sit together on my bed watching The Lego Movie which Ash insists is great. Its almost finished, and I can tell you for a fact that everything most certainly isn't awesome. I'm dying of boredom and when the little cartoon people started singing 'everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of a team!' and Ash bounced about singing, it proved my point even further that this was not my type of movie. I never did like Lego.

"Well...no. I didn't really get the chance, did I? I mean, I have only talked to him once this week." He was being kind of quiet since he found us tickling each other and then when I phoned him to help me it was like none of that had happened. Now that its over, he's keeping his distance again. "I don't think he really wants to talk to me." I sigh.

"That's a lie and you know it is!" Ash cries, switching my TV off as the credits of the movie flash up.

"Huh?"

"Of course he wants to talk to you. He just wont admit it to anyone! He probably doesn't even admit it to himself..." He trails off at that and his face closes off a little.

"Ash? Ashton!" I wave my hand in front of his face when he stays silent for too long.

"Its about time Lukey boy comes over. He needs to pull his shit together and tell you the god damn truth." Ashton grumbles.

"What?" I ask, confused. I have a feeling its to do with the situation the pair of them are keeping so secretive and not just Luke and I's mixed feelings toward one another.

"That's it, I'm phoning him." He states and pulls his phone from his skinny jeans pocket.

"What!? No, stop!" I try to grab the phone but its too late.

"Hey Luke, its Ashton!" Ashton gives me a dimpled grin and I glare at him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"No its not about that..." Ash grunts. "Come over to Sk- I mean Michael's place?" He pauses waiting for a reply. "No, Mikey's here but we want you over." He lies easily. Michael is in fact at Paige's house again. God knows what they're doing...well, I could easily guess but I'd prefer not to think of it. Ashton just thinks he's out. "Alright, see you in a bit." As soon as he hangs up, I whack Ashton on the arm.

"Ow!" He whines and cradles his arm dramatically. "What was that for?"

"What do you think it was for Ash!? What are we going to do when he's over? Michael's out and he's expecting to see you and him!"

"This is your house too. He didn't ask if you were going to be here or not. I don't really know what we'll do when he gets here though, I hadn't thought that far." He shrugs with a smirk.

"Great." I groan sarcastically. "This wont be awkward in the slightest."

-

"Where's Michael?" I hear Luke ask as he walks from the front door and nears the living room with Ash. Just hearing his voice puts me into a nervous wreck and I fiddle with the hem of my FOB tee.