Chapter39

A/N ~ I'M SO SORRY GUYS, YOU WERE DUE AN UPDATE AGES AGO BUT I KEPT GETTING DISTRACTED AND THEN I KIND OF HAD WRITERS BLOCK AND THEN I WAS TOO EXCITED ABOUT GETTING BVB VIP TICKETS FOR A CONCERT SO YEAH, I SUCK. SORRY GUYS I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS Dx

Luke's P.O.V ~

As we finish up band practice, I get the powerful urge to ask Michael or Ashton how Skyler has been. I know she isn't okay, her ear piercing scream proved so earlier on and its been haunting me ever since. Michael had gone up to check on her and Ashton insisted on accompanying him. I wanted to follow, but knew better seeing as it was partly my fault. They had both come back with grave faces and all Michael had muttered was 'Nightmare'.

When Skyler found out about the bet, everything seemed to go down hill for us. Michael, now understanding what he did, is worn down, not as enthusiastic and has big bags underneath his eyes. Calum actually looks guilty, especially when she had screamed, but he tried to cover it up. Ashton looks guilty and isn't as cheery as he usually is. I cant say I'm any better myself. Not to mention we have nobody to film our videos for YouTube anymore since we don't have the best camera and nobody wants to ask Jarvis who would have otherwise been Skyler's backup, but that's the least of my worries.

"Luke?"

"What- uh, I mean yeah?" I say, breaking out of my thoughts.

"Are you alright?" Ashton asks. I simply nod.

"Didn't you say you had written a song?" Michael asks, trying to sound upbeat and failing miserably.

"Yeah, uh, here." I hand over the crumpled piece of paper I had written the lyrics of Everything I Didn't Say over to Michael who scanned the passages, nodding to himself. The boys passed the sheet round and muttered compliments.

"Want to try it before we pack up?

"No!" I reply a little too hastily. "No, its just I need to get back home." I lie. I shouldn't have given them the song until I was ready. I still get too emotional when I sing it and after hearing Skyler today, I really cant do it.

"Fucking hell, calm down." Michael groans. "Who's this about anyway? You keep writing songs about girls."

"No I don't?" He cant know its about Skyler. He cant find out.

"Uh, yeah you do." He laughs. "I'm almost positive this is about a girl and you cant deny that 'Heartbreak Girl' wasn't about a girl. Its in the fucking name." He shakes his head. "Come on, we could be doing with some news to take our minds off..." He trails off but we all know what he means.

This certainly isn't the time to be telling Michael that Skyler and I were a thing. It would definitely take his mind of worrying about Sky, because he'd be murdering me. Ashton must see the internal struggle I'm having because he gives a short sigh.

"Just leave him alone. If he doesn't want to tell us about his lady friend," He wiggles his eyebrows but you can tell he's struggling to hold his fake smile. "then he doesn't have to."

Michael gives in reluctantly and we begin to pack up, but not before I hear Calum muttering quietly. "Yeah, 'lady friend'. I wonder who that could be." His voice is dripping with sarcasm. I swallow the lump in my throat before saying bye to the guys and getting on my bike.

Half way to my motorbike I'm stopped by a hand on my shoulder. I turn around, expecting to see Ashton and am shocked when I see Calum's face instead.

"What do you want?" I snap, shaking his away.

"Look, I just want to apologise-"

"Apologise? Apologise?!" I realise my voice is rising higher and I try to quieten down in case the boys hear the fuss. "If you should be apologising to anyone, it's certainly not me. It want my virginity you were trying to steal. Go let Skyler hear your apologies." I turn back around but he drags me back.