Chapter 10

*Ambers Pov*

I think somebody has said something to Ellie. Maybe Tommy told her, maybe Tommy told Adam and then Adam spoke to El, the reason I don't know? Because Ellie hasn't spoken to me in 2 days, apart from the occasional question about what's happening in class or 'hi' when I walk in the door of our bedroom. I feel terrible. I knew I shouldn't have said anything. But I had to, I didn't want Ellie cutting, even though I had started again, but she didn't know that and I wasn't about to tell her. Now wasn't the time. I'm hoping she won't be mad for much longer, I'm hoping she sees that what I did was for her own good, but I guess only time will tell.

I put on my fanciest light blue denim jeans and a black long sleeve shirt with a picture of a white flower on the front of it. Adam and Tommy were taking Ellie and I out for dinner to 'discuss things'. I thought we already did that? Maybe they just wanted to talk to both of us together.

Pft, I don't know how well Ellie is going to take that. Tonight is going to be a disaster to say the very least.

Adam and Tommy have no clue that Ellie is mad at me, she is pretty good at hiding things from people when she doesn't want them knowing something. But for me, it was like she was waving a big flashing red banner in front of my face that read

'YOU BITCH!'

I hated this, I hated having my best friend so mad at me that she could barely even look at me without wanting to murder me. I can't take it anymore, what will I do when people start making fun of me at school, El is always the one who tells them to mind their own business, without her, I am nothing.

I grabbed my bag and my jumper and walked out to the car where Adam and Ellie were waiting, we were picking Tommy up from his place on the way. I slid into the back of Adam's black BMW and smiled at El, she just looked at my like I was an idiot and turned her head towards Adam.

"Ready?" Asked Adam with a smile on his face

"Yea-"

"Of course!" Ellie cut me off mid sentence. I was going to say something to her but I though it would be better if I kept quiet and let Ellie have her revenge. "Let's go!" Said Adam excitedly.

We parked the car out the front of Tommy's house and Adam texted him saying we were here. Tommy didn't live too far away from us, it only took about 5 minutes to get from our place to his, which was good, I always had somewhere to go if I needed to. A few minutes passed and Tommy still hadn't replied. "I'll go in and get him." I volunteered. Adam nodded in approval and I jumped out of the car. Tommy's house wasn't too grand, it was still pretty nice though and considering he lived by himself it was quite small. I walked up to the front door and pushed it open. "Tommy?" I spoke loudly, "It's Amber, you there?" There was no response. Come on Tommy don't do this to me, where are you?

I walk all around the house and there is still no sign of him. The house was silent and you could practically hear the neighbours having their own conversations. "Thomas Joseph Ratliff! Where are you!?" I yell louder than before. I've looked everywhere, where could you be?

Wait, the kitchen, maybe he's in there. I kind of half walk half jog up to the entrance to the kitchen.

Oh my god.

"TOMMY!" I scream as I run up to his lifeless body laying on the ground. Tommy what have you done...

I pick up his head and lay it on top of my jumper. Adam! I have to text Adam! I rummage through my bag desperately and pull out my phone. 'Adam come quick, it's Tommy.' I type quicker than I've ever typed before. I shake Tommy's head as tears start to pour down my face, "Tommy.. please don't leave me..

"Please..."