Chapter 24

*Ellie's POV*

"El... Wake up, we've got to go down to the venue." Tommy shook my side until I opened my eyes.

"Where's Amber and Adam?" "Adam left early this morning, Amber went with him. He tried to wake you up, but you wouldn't budge.." He laughed. "Seriously though, you've got to get up if you want to see rehersals." I nodded and swung my feet over the king size hotel bed. I have to admit, it's pretty cool staying with a rockstar in a hotel. He got the coolest room. It's pretty big, so I'm not quite sure why they have to have only two beds... In the same room.

I threw on jeans and a white t-shirt with my hair still up in the messy bun I woke up with. It's only a rehersal, so it's nothing too fancy. Tommy was sitting on his phone in the other room, all ready of course. I rummaged through my suitcase until I found my toothbrush and brought it into the bathroom with me to brush my teeth. Of course I took care of my hair and makeup as well, but I'm weird about brushing my teeth. It always comes first for me, for some reason.

Rehersals are usually quite a bit longer than the actual show would be, since you have to go stop whenever something doesn't seem right. I still love watching Adam rehearse because his shows are like none you've ever seen before. They're so full of energy, and he's one of the very few performers who is just as good on stage as he is when you hear his studio recordings.

Adam wouldn't let us stay for the actual show because it was 18+ and the venue wouldn't make any exeptions. He had another show tomorrow as well, and would be gone most of the day for soundcheck So it was up to Amber and I to entertain ourselves.

The next morning when Adam and Tommy had already gone, Amber and I were left alone in the hotel room under strict orders not to leave the hotel. But really, we're in NEW YORK. We can't just sit back and let such an amazing opportunity go to waste, now can we?

"Broadway is within walking distance from our hotel..." I said devilishly staring out the window.

"Adam said we couldn't leave the hotel, Ellie." she shot back. "Who cares what adam said?" Amber seemed quite displeased with that remark. "If he heard you say that you'd be in so much trouble."

"Well.." I started. "He's not here. And he won't be until about midnight tonight. So. Let's take advantage of the fact that we're in New fucking York and go see a broadway show." She looked at me oddly. "We don't have tickets, El." I grinned. "We don't need tickets." She looked very confused at this point. "Remember that time that broadway chick stayed at Adam's house? She's in the current show. And she'd be more than willing to give her good friend's daughters a free pass in."

"But she'll tell Adam we were there." Amber still looked nervous. "Maybe she will... And maybe she won't."

*Amber's P.O.V*

El is probably the biggest idiot in the entire world. If Adam finds out, we're both dead. And Adam's a VERY smart guy, so I'd be surprised if he didn't find out.

"If he finds out, you can blame me." She says. "Like I wouldn't anyways." I said grabbing my bag, watching her grin develop even further in the corner of the room. "Let's go." I shoved the door open.

"Don't be such a grump, this is fun." She smiled. "Fun." I mocked, using air quotes with my hands.

What if Adam tries to call one of us and we're at the show? How would that work out? Not so well.

We moved along the sidewalk towards the theater, Amber skipping excitedly and me, just trudging along. We had to wait a bit for Adam's good friend Jenni to come out, and when she did she was quick to recognize us. "Amber! Ellie! Where's Adam?" She asked excitedly, hugging us both.

"He is actually out playing a show, and we were wondering if we could come see the show...?" Ellie asked excitedly. Jenni grinned. "I'll see what I can do." She guided us to the back of Gershwin theatre and whispered into a man's ear, he nodded and ran off. "He's going to see if we have any seats left for the show. For now, how are you guys? What have I missed in the past few months?"

"It's been great!" El chirped excitedly. Meanwhile I was being quiet, just sitting nervously. "How's broadway been? Playing eight shows a week seems really tiring.." Again, excited and enthusiastic Ellie. "It is... And with rehersals and promotion there really isn't any time to do anything else. But I just love being on stage so much, I don't even mind! It's just an amazing opportunity to be on broadway, I wouldn't trade it for anything." She fiddled with her necklace as the same man came running up again. "The best seats we have are 7 rows back, is that okay?" He asked, and Jenni turned to us, asking for approval. "Of course!" El nodded.

The man, his name was Tim, I think. He showed us where our seats were, and hell, I wasn't complaining. These are some of the best in the house! Would've been ridiculously expensive otherwise. "I printed you guys your tickets, so if you leave the theater and need to come back in, you've got them." He smiled an ran away to the back of the stage. The show started in about five minutes, so we got there just in time.

The lights started to dim, and the crowd started clapping. "WooHoo!!!" Ellie yelled, and everyone turned around to look at her. "Sorry.." She muttered and sat down to watch the show. I held back a laugh and put my head in my hands.

***

We got back to the hotel about 11, which was perfect timing considering Adam was usually home at around midnight. That was seriously close, but I have to admit, it was ridiculously fun. And I don't regret it at all.

The door creaked open and we heard a big clash, so they were probably ridiculously drunk. We couldn't help but giggle. "Adam, shut the fuck up. They're sleeping. Jesus christ." We heard Tommy 'whisper'. Eventful day, eh?