Running away

hi guys I'm so so sorry that the story hasnt been updated in months ): we both kinda just got tired with it and got bored writing it so we stopped but now I'm (keely) going to start writing it again. I'm just going to keep going from where I started off and hopefully I'll get it back on track. again I'm sorry for not updating :*

*ambers pov*

I didn't really know where I was going, I just knew that I needed to get away from everything, and by that I mean El, Tommy and Adam. this isn't like a permanent thing I mean I love them all but things have been so stressful and now they all know I've been cutting again and everything is just going to shit.
but where do I go? I've got no one, everyone that I knew was back at home. I can't call any of the other kids at home because then they'll call adam and he'll find me, I just need some time to myself, I'll call adam later.
I pulled out my phone to be confronted by 10 new messages and 6 missed calls from adam and tommy. I opened up my texts with adam and typed "I'm fine". I hesitated to send the message but I eventually worked up the courage to press send. I exited messages and went into my contacts. I only had 20 people in my contacts, I'm not the most popular girl out there, clearly. as I scrolled through all the names I came across one which made a smile grow on my face, I clicked on the name and presed the phone button.
I held the phone up to my ear and listened to it ring for a long time. my heart was racing quite fast for someone who was waiting for someone to pick up a phone, what if they don't remember me?

"hello?"
shit ok amber be cool

"hi Annika, it's Amber" I was scared she was going to hang up.

"oh Amber hi! how's it going? I thought you'd forgotten all about me!"

she thought i forgot about her? it's normally the other way.

"no I couldn't forget you! so I have something I need your help with." i said with a serious tone
there was a silence before she replied with "oh.. yeah what's up?"

I took a deep breath in before I told her everything that had happened this morning
there was another silence
"and I'm just kind of scared and I don't know what to do" i added.
I heard her breathing so I knew she was still there.
"hello?" i questioned

"amber.. I didn't know.. I'm so sorry." she was so sincere. I didn't need sincere right now, I needed help.

"I know annika but I really need help, I'm scared and alone but I can't go back to adam, he will yell and I know he cares but I can't do it right now"

"Amber I can't do anything, I'm in a different state, I would let you stay at my house but we can't afford to fly you back, I'm sorry. you can stay here when you get back if you need to?"

I paused as I thought of something to say so that she didn't feel bad.
"oh, yeah no you're right, it was stupid of me to ask, thanks anyway" I smiled as though I was talking to her face to face. the line was silent as we both waited for someone to say something.
I didn't want to make her worry anymore so I just hung up.
annika is the only friend I've met so far at school and I can't risk losing her.

I looked around where I was sitting and realised I was alone. completely and utterly alone. I was sitting on the concrete with my back pressed up against a brick wall which had been pained white. in front of me was a lake full of muddy, polluted water. I kept getting texts from adam and tommy and ellie but I didn't want to reply so I just turned my phone off.

I was getting pretty deep into thought when I heard footseps coming around the corner really fast. I stood up and looked around the corner and saw tommy frantically running towards me. I turned as fast as I could and ran the other way when I heard him calling my name. he started yelling and telling me to stop, by now he was pleading which made me cry which made me kind of weak. I fell to the ground and hit my head pretty hard. I was still conscious but my vision was pretty blurred. tommy stopped running when he reached my feet. he sat down next to me and held my in his arms without letting me go. I struggled to get out of his grip but he was too strong. I was begging for him to release his grip when he started stroking my hair and trying to calm me down. I didn't want to give in but I eventually had to, I relaxed into his arms, my face flooded with tears. he pulled out his phone to let adam and ellie know that he had found me.
I could barely breathe and my vision was blurry as fuck. tommy was trying to talk to me but I couldn't understand what he was saying. he was yelling now, trying to get me to reply but before I knew it, everything was black and I couldn't hear a thing

I was gone