Chapter 16

*Ellie's P.O.V*

Amber and I were both switching schools now, and we didn't have to go anywhere for the next week. We got to spend the entire week with Adam. Don't get me wrong, it was great. But it gets old after awhile.

"Rise and shine bitch." Amber jumped on my bed, grinning widely. "Aww, aren't you sweet." I laughed at her. She dragged me out of bed, it was already almost 10AM. We walked downstairs together, and of course, Adam was downstairs, in the kitchen, making pancakes. Same routine every day. "Good morning girls." He said, turning around with two plates in his hand like one of those cheesy food commercials. We sat down by the counter, right beside each other. "So," Adam began. "I found a new school, super close by, has great reviews online. You guys should have a way better time than you did at your old school, and you can start tomorrow." He grinned with pride. "Cool, sounds fun." Amber said, looking down.

Amber's been so...off, lately. She'll be happy for a minute, and then she just gets anxious and sad. She hadn't been eating much, either. I haven't said anything, but I could tell that both me and Adam had noticed, and were both starting to get worried.

"You okay?" Adam lifted her chin to look him in the eye. She looked back down again. "I'm fine." What a lie that was. Adam nodded at me, signaling that he wanted to talk to her alone. "I'm going to go check tumblr, I'll see you later." I said, excusing myself from the room.

*Adam's P.O.V*

Amber was acting strange, and not in a good way. I sat down on the couch and pulled her into my lap. "What's going on?" I asked her quietly, and as calmly as possible. "Nothing." She said quickly. "Amber tell me what's wrong." I tried to say with the most serious tone I could get out of myself at the moment. It's morning, and I'm not a morning person. "I want to get better, Adam." She says quietly. "Then do it." She looked up at me quickly as if I was crazy, as if there was no hope for her whatsoever, but that she was curious to see how it could happen. "You think we really can? And be okay someday? Turn out okay?" She questioned me. "Of course I do. I know you can because I've seen it happen. Tommy got through it, so can you." I said.

I don't know why she would ever think that she wouldn't be able to get better, or that she would be stuck in that dark place for the rest of her life. Of course I would help her, get her through this. Even if she didn't want to herself. She's going to be okay, her and Ellie both, no doubt about it.

She looked up at me again, but this time with hope. As if my words had changed her outlook somehow. She simply nodded. Said nothing, just nodded. I'm hoping she's just having a bad couple days, and it's nothing serious.

I let her go back up to her room with El, and she came back down smiling later. Maybe my words really did help. "I'm sorry I was acting weird earlier.. I don't know why I was do-" I cut her off. "It's just fine, Am. I know you're going through a rough time, there's nothing to be sorry for." I smiled at her lovingly. She skipped happily over to Ellie who was on the other side of the room, and they started talking and prancing around like little fairies.

It was so great to finally see them happy, to see them... Happy. It was like a breath of fresh air, almost. I know we have a way to go, but this is a pretty damn good start.