Night in rusty armor

Bella's POV

"See,I suck!" I shouted throwing the aluminum bat to the ground.

Carter calmly picks it up placing it back in my hands"come on just try again. Your getting better."

I gave him the 'are you kidding me look'

"Okay maybe not. But you still have to try"he says.

"I couldn't bat a ball to save my life"

"I'm sure if your life was on the line you'd hit it"

"Doubt it. To much pressures" I till him glaring at the bat.

"Here let me help you" he said wrapping his hands around my waist and taking my hand. It kinda felt like those cliché movies when the couples are playing mini gulf. The machine sent another ball our way as I dropped the bat shielding my face with a shriek. You'd think after twenty times of this happening I'd get use to it. If you thought that.. You'd be wrong.

"I won't let the ball hit you"he said sternly.

I know he wouldn't, there's no chance in the world he'd miss hitting that ball but the fact that its shooting towards my face just doesn't help the cause."I know"

Another ball popped out as I slammed my eyes shut. I felt my hand swing with the bat as I heard a loud clack sound. I opened my eyes to see the ball hit the fence and was now rolling back to us.

"I didn't die!"I whooped

"You thought you were gonna die?" carter asked raising an eyebrow.

"No.." I laughed nervously.

He gave me the 'oh really' look as I roll my eyes.

He helped me a few more times before telling me to try on my own. He put the bat in my hand and backed up to the other side of the fence. I sent him a strange look.

"Just in case you decide to go all crazy with the bat and throw it again" he said

"That was one time"

"Stop talking and start bating"

Rolling my eyes I look forward towards the machine. A ball shoots out the canon as I squeeze the bat in my hand and a swing. It hit the ball sending it towards the fence as I throw my hands in the air."I did it"

"Yeah you did" carter said pulling me into a kiss. He deepened the kiss by putting his tongue in my mouth, his tongue roamed in my mouth as my hands stay put on his rock hard chest.

"Ehm"

Turning around my brother stood there. "Mom said their ready" he said awkwardly.

"tell her we'll be around in a minute "I said as he walked off.

We walked back around to the front to see everyone waiting before we all got in the car. Today was our day out to just do whatever we want.

"Let's go roller skating" I suggested as we started driving.

"Great idea" mom said as dad frowned.

"You know you two have been picking all the places we've been going" dad said

"But they were fun weren't they" I pointed out

"Yeah. But I wanna pick somewhere"he whined like a five year old child

"Fine. Pick somewhere" mom replied as all eyes landed on him.

"Umn..how about..." he paused" the mall" he suggested as we all burst out laughing and his face turned red from embarrassment.

"Alright alright not just because I can't pick a fun place to go doesn't mean you have to laugh at me." He frowned

"Okay guys leave him alone"mom said trying to suppress a grin but eventually turned out to be the one laughing out which caused us to start laughing again.

"So roller skating it is" mom smiled.

*****
Carter pays for me despite my protest. A smug smile spreads across his lips as I finally let him. But that's okay, let gloat in his victory..for now.

We were the last to pay and put on our roller skates so everyone was already suited and on the rink.

"I don't want this to count as one of our next dates" I heard Carter's voice as I look towards him

"We're going on more dates?" I teased

He looked up at me with a smirk"well of course"

My smile probably took up half my face as i look out on the rink to try and hide my blush.

"Why don't you want this to be one of our dates?"I ask

" when we go on our next date,I want it to just be me and you. Where no one is watching our every move" he said and for some reason my eyes dart over to my brother, who is sure enough watching us like a lion stalking his prey.

"Where it can just be Isabella and carter"he said His voice getting lower and his grip on my waist tightens.

"Just me and you,huh?"

I can't tell how much I like the sound if that.

With a smile he takes my hand as we enter the rink.

It took me a time to get the hang of it but with the help of carter I finally got it.

Rolling away my feet involuntarily  twisted and as I was about to fall carter caught.

"Awe thanks. Your like my night in rusty armor"

"Thank y-wait what?" He asked just realizing what I just said. Sticking out my tongue I skated away with him hot on my heels.

Feeling him grip my waist I suddenly came to a stop as I looked up to meet Carter's eyes.

"Got you my princess in a dirty crown"

"Shut up" I said pushing his chest as he fell. Laughing I reached my hand out to pull him up as he pulled me down next to him as we started laughing.

"Cliché much"

"Sassy much" he smirked back.

"I'm not sassy" I said as I hopped up and he did the same as we joined everyone else.

***************

With me half asleep in Carter's arms we entered the house as mom closed the door."goodnight" carter said taking me upstairs

He walked into our room and laid me down as he laid beside me.

"Today was fun" he said as I buried my head in his chest. Something that always comforts me.

"Yeah" I yawned as he chuckled.

"You know you really changed me" he suddenly says causing me to look up at him. Both his hand rested behind his head as he stared up at the ceiling.

"What do you mean" I asked

"Well before I met you I was a lot tougher. One of the most dangerous person to be around actually. But..now you got me all soft" he says followed by a chuckle

"Well I like you soft and that's how your going to stay"

"Whatever you say" he chuckled

"Goodnight carter"

"Goodnight. I love you"

"Love you to"I said before I dozed off.

I know I said Wednesday but I totally forgot so please don't hate me. Could you also check out my friends book "The badgirls Badboy" written by Shannypoobae
Amazing book.