10.

" I hope you're hungry, because I am about to take you to the best breakfast you have ever had." Jon smiled over at Cheri grasping onto her hand as they drove down down the highway. 

"I'm starving!" Cheri growled over the wind, as Jon had taken the top down in his convertible. 

"It's a total mom and pop, greasy spoon type of place but the food is phenomenal. Best eggs benedict, hands down!" He continued as he brought the back of her hand to his lips.

They pulled into the diner on the side of the highway, that skirted the mountains in the desert. It appeared to be a typical diner with shiny chrome features, gleaming beneath the hot sun.  There was a sign in the window that boasted, 'Best Cup Of Coffee in Vegas.' Cheri could really use a good cup of coffee, although she doubted the sign was accurate. Jon and Cheri walked up the dusty walkway to the door.  The moment they stepped into the diner a sweet, older lady with white hair, and apron called out from the counter " Good to see you Jon, take a seat wherever. I'll be by in a minute!" Cheri detected a hint of a Boston accent.

Jon smiled, and waved at the older woman. " Thanks, Dolores!"

Jon slid in a booth next to the windows. " Is this ok?"   

Cheri couldn't help but think how cute the place was.  All the tables had a little jukebox , and the seats were all blue vinyl. " Yeah it's great" she said sliding into the booth across from Jon. 

" I try to come here when I'm home.  It's comfortable and the food is familiar-" Jon stopped as the white haired woman approached the table.  "And, the service is great" He leaned back, and put his hand up toward the lady. She slapped his hand down.

" Oh, would you stop that! " She complained. " He's Terrible!" She teased, looking at Cheri and motioning to Jon. " What? are you not going to introduce us?" She questioned him, now motioning to Cheri.

" Of course!" He exclaimed.  " Dolores, this is Cheri. Cheri this is my favorite waitress Dolores." He beamed at the woman.

" Hello, Cheri.  It's good to meet you." She smiled politely. " And you!" She slapped his arm playfully, and winked. " Flattery will get you everywhere" She roared. 

Cheri laughed along with her. " Good to meet you Dolores."

" So Jon, whats it gonna be? Eggs Benny?" She said placing her hands on her hips. 

" You got it Dolores!" He pointed at the woman.

" What about you sweetheart?" She smiled kindly at Cheri.

" I think I'll have the same." She replied.

" Well that was easy.  Coffee for you both?" Dolores asked them.

" Sure." Cheri nodded 

" Me too." Jon responded.

" Ok, two coffee's coming right up." Dolores said turning toward the counter.

 " She's adorable!" Cheri proclaimed, once the woman was out of earshot.

" Yeah, she's a sweet lady." He remarked, watching Dolores move behind the long counter. " She treats everyone like family.  It's nice to come home to. Seth and I discovered this place one night, as we were on our way home a few years back.  We have been coming ever since." 

A man in a white hat stuck his head out from the kitchen area. " Hey Jon!" He called waving in their direction.  "How are ya Pete?"  Jon waved back and, Cheri smiled at the man in the door way. 

Pete answered. " Doin' good thanks Jon." As he ducked back into the kitchen. 

 " Seth.  like Seth Rollins?" Cheri asked curiously.