27.

It was just after 8 a.m. when Cheri lifted her head to look at the clock. That meant Jon would have already boarded his flight for the U.K. She had figured out the time difference, it would be an 8 hour difference between Las Vegas and the U.K. 'Oh my god he's going to be so jet lagged'. She sighed to herself 'poor baby'. She grabbed her phone and read a message from Jon. 

J: Good Morning Beautiful! 😘 I just wanted to let you know were heading to the airport and it's going to be busy from there. I hope this doesn't wake you, but I just wanted to let you know you're on my mind like...all the time lol. The flight is going to be close to 7 hours so when we arrive it's going to be night time. Which is good because you were right I'm fucking tired.  I forgot to tell you the gardeners come today and the pool guy comes on Friday. Amber usually checks the pool daily when she's home if you don't mind. Kit is in the bathhouse.  In my defense I was distracted by those fucking awesome tits. Cheri rolled her eyes and snickered. Damn you're awesome babe! 😍 I gotta go, but I'll message you when we touch down. Sorry this is a fucking novel. I miss you already. PS last night was fucking awesome!❤️

Cheri sighed in bliss, and hugged her phone to her chest. She glanced down at her palm where he had placed three kisses for safe keeping before he had left yesterday.  It had been so long since she had felt anything that remotely resembled joy in her life. Only three short weeks ago she was sitting on the floor of her best friends spare bedroom, her heart shattered. It had been two months of raw pain trying to scrape the remaining pieces of her life together. Her whole life had been centered around Patrick for so long, she forgot what it felt like to be valuable in a relationship. Her, C.J. , Claire, and Anna had all taken their karate classes together, and that's where they had met Todd and Patrick when they were all just preteens. Even though they had all been friends for so long, she and Patrick had only started dating two years ago. When things were good they were really good, and when things were bad they usually landed on Cheri's shoulders. 

Now for the first time she finally felt what it was like to be treated like a queen, and it was all thanks to Jon. She opened the message and reread it as she did all of their messages time, and time again. Laying her phone over her heart she stretched out her arms, and ran her hands over the silky soft sheets 'So this is what it feels like to be happy.'

She flopped over, and rolled out of bed making her way to the bathroom to pop in her contact lenses. She washed her face, and put her hair up into a messy bun. Sliding into her red bathing suit she threw a pair of terry shorts over top grabbed her phone, and went downstairs. Cheri made a mental note to call her Mom today, to at least touch base. Then call C.J. 'OMG' she thought to herself, getting all excited ' C.J. was going to be here in a few days!!!!!!'   She did a  happy dance as she put on the coffee, and typed out a message to Jon. 

Hey Baby, Thanks for the sweet message this morning. I hope you had a safe flight, on my way to find the kit, and test the pool now.❤️  You're right last night was awesome, but I can't wait until we can do all of  that in person again , I miss you so much already!   Text me when you land . Sigh why do you have to be so fucking sexy? Talk soon.😍

The U.K. tour was in fact just as busy as Jon told her it was going to be! In between events, and travel they called, and video chatted as much as possible. Sometimes it was hot and heavy, and other times they were just happy to see each other, and counting the days until Jon was going to be home.  It was Thursday night and C.J. was flying in tomorrow. Jon had suggested she take his car to pick up C.J. so that's what she was going to do.

 So far Cheri had met a lot of the staff who tended to the house when Jon was on the road.  The housekeepers, the gardener, and tomorrow the pool guy would be coming. She had found a large beverage dispenser in the kitchen on Tuesday.  Whenever she knew someone was coming to work at the property she filled it with ice and limeade as refreshment, and put out cookies. Everyone that Jon had hired was super friendly and, they all appreciated the thought she had put into the drinks and treats.