20.

A slow smile spread across Romans face, as Cheri closed the distance between the two. " Good Morning." He replied bringing the mug of hot coffee to his lips, sipping it gingerly. " How's the water?"

" Refreshing" Cheri responded with a dazzling smile, reaching for the towel she had plopped on the chair.

" Good!' Roman nodded. " Did you sleep well?" 

" Like a baby! I think Jon has the comfiest mattresses I have ever slept on." Cheri proceeded to press the towel against her skin. " It's so warm out already, I'm practically dry" she laughed wrapping the towel around her torso, and falling into the lounger. " Come sit." she patted the chair beside her.

That was an invitation he simply could not refuse. Roman let out a  groan as he lowered himself into the waiting lounge chair, next to the bubbly brunette. 

Cheri reached over slipped on her sunglasses, and lit a cigarette. " You ok?"

" Perks of the job, always sore." He explained. "It's nice to be able to just sit back and chill with good company" She tuned to Cheri and smiled. " Sooooo you and Jon met at a bar huh?"

Cheri threw her head back and laughed heartily, taking a drag of her cigarette she rolled her eyes. " Here we go.... Yeah I ummm dumped a bunch of shots in his crotch actually."

Roman shot her a puzzled look, and snickered. " I didn't hear that part."

" Well.. I was at my best friend C.J.'s bachelorette party, kinda trying to get away from this guy..... So I said "I'll go get some shots " On my way back  this girl fell out of a booth, my klutzy ass tripped over her, and I smashed the shots I was carrying right into his stomach, slash crotch." She laughed again, and Roman laughed along with her.

" So who was the guy?" Roman asked inquisitively.

" His name was Steve, just a friend nothing serious.  Jon didn't like him much heh! heh!.  Anyhow I gave Jon my card, and he asked me to house sit while he went on the road." Cheri took a long slow sip of her coffee. "We have only been talking for a week it's crazy."

" What's so crazy?"

 Cheri contemplated for a moment. " I don't think that... I expected to fall for Jon so quickly... it was really fast." She explained staring into the pool. " I'm usually a lot more cautious, maybe this is a good thing, right? I mean what have I got to lose?"  She trailed off,  her hands on either side of her legs tapping mindlessly to the beat of the music.

Roman swallowed hard. " Right, What have you got to lose?" he nodded. They both sat silent for a few moments.

  " So tell me about Cheri"  His mouth spread in a wide smile, revealing a row of perfect teeth.

" Oh jeez" She giggled rolling her eyes behind her sunglasses. " Really?"

" Really" he assured her, turning his head and sliding his sunglasses, down his nose to reveal a pair of deep brown smoldering eyes.

"Fine!" she said under protest. " Welllll I was born, and raised on the East Coast. My parents are both alive, and well. My Dad is a shop teacher, and my mom helps to run a local bakery. They're both very hardworking people. I have one older brother 'Trey' he's a bike mechanic, and a bad ass.  I have a black belt in karate, working on my second." Roman looked impressed. " Went to college for business,  now I'm a professional house sitter, and former personal assistant. Also,  I live with my best friend C.J. and her fiance Todd. "  She clapped her hands in her lap.

" Wow!  That was a pretty good run down actually. How long have you been studying karate?" 

" Since I was twelve, C.J. and I both started at the same time. We grew up together, we did everything together. She is more than just a best friend, I would consider her my sister, the same way you consider Seth, and Jon your brothers. "