22.

The two vehicles rolled into the diner parking lot, as the sun was slowly slipping behind the red mountains in Las Vegas.  Amber slid out of the front seat, Jon hurried over to their car and reached in to pull Cheri from the confines of the backseat. Wrapping his strong arms around her. 

" It sucked being away from you." He whispered into her ear, kissing her long, and hard on the temple.

This caused Cheri to laugh into his chest, looking up into his face. "What are you going to do in a few days when you're an entire ocean away from me?" 

Jon shook his head, raising his hand as if to stop her. "I don't even want to think about it." He tucked her snugly into his side as they made their way to the entrance.

"There's a little tension over there." he muttered as they walked in step.

Cheri turned her head to see Roman, and Sarah in a heated conversation next to Jon's car.  She pretended not to notice Roman hands on his hips, staring into the ground, shaking his head at whatever Sarah was saying. He looked as if he was finished with that particular conversation, and stormed his way toward Seth, and Amber.

Eventually all parties made it to the entrance where Dolores was waiting with open arms. Wrapping them tightly around each of "her boys." They all reciprocated, tenderly embracing the older woman.  Dolores moved to each one of the girls and hugged them hard as well, exclaiming how having them there was like having her own kids home for Sunday dinner. She ushered them to a large table, and made sure everyone was situated before she announced the daily specials. As the last time Cheri was there, people periodically peered from the kitchen gleefully shouting their "hello's" to the group. Cheri had decided she loved the kitschy diner in the desert, the tables were quite full for a Sunday evening, and it was clear this was a favorite hang out for the locals as well. She decided to try the grilled cheese special, and Dolores informed her with a smile, and a warm squeeze on the shoulder that it was an "excellent choice" .  Talk eventually turned to talk of the U.K. tour, when Cheri felt her phone vibrate against her side several times. Reaching into her bag  she pulled out her phone and glanced at the number, C.J.!!!! 

"Excuse me for a sec" Cheri muttered moving away from the table. Jon tilted his head to the side, shooting Cheri an inquisitive glance. 

" C.J!" She exclaimed swiping up to answer the call. Jon nodded, and rejoined the conversation. Cheri weaved her way through the maze of tables toward the exit, and stepped outside.

"Ceej it's so good to hear from you!! It feels like it's been forever!" 

"It's only been a few days Bestie" C.J. laughed over the line. " How are things?"

" Good, oh my god, so good, I just wish you were here" Cheri's voice saddened an little.

" Well! Sometimes wishes come true..." C.J. trailed off.

" Mhmmhmmmmm... You're telling me." Cheri grinned into the phone.

"Sooooo, I kinda got tired of you being there you know, having all the fun without me." C.J. uttered dryly.

" I got rid of my shift next weekend... as in.... I may have lost my job...." She blurted out, much to Cheri's surprise.

"Huh, what???" Cheri shook her head, nearly having to sweep her jaw off the pavement.

" Well, You know how my company is downsizing blah, blah. They offered me a package annnnnd I took it. It was either that... or I move to butt fuck nowhere, and I'm NOT doing that. So... I no longer have a job, and I'm coming to stay with you next weekend.... is that o.k?..."

"YEAH!!!!" Cheri screamed a little louder than she intended, making an older couple jump a little as they made their way across the parking lot. Taking notice she lowered her voice.