Chapter 5 Resentment

Shiiiing! The glacial blue blade cut through the heads of a Wither all at the same time, and voila, three charred skulls with pure white eyes lying on the ground.

  Brine wiped the sweat off his brow, he had been practicing the group decapitation technique for years, and now he was finally be able to perform it on a random Wither Notch had summoned.

  It has been six years since Notch had passed out, and Brine was twenty at the moment. His skills had advanced for a lot, but his powers still remained unnoticed by Notch, except that the fact his eyes glowed.

  He told Notch nothing when he asked him about his death, he lied that he never died in the first place, Entity was just trying to scare him and make him worry so he could let his guard down and be more easily defeated.

  Notch told him, after passing out for three whole days, that he went to the Nether to battle Entity 303 and his creator, Israphel. He told Brine that he no longer needed to worry about the troublesome two as they were being desposed of. But every time when Brine asked him for details, Notch had refused to share anything.

  But as the years passed, as Steve, Alex and Brine grew, Notch grew more isolated from them, as they could take care of themselves, and he would be living full time in the Aether as the ruler there, and also, his duties never seemed to decrease. He still visited his brother, but only went back to visit a month or so.

  Steve and Alex now acted as the rulers of the overworld, and were granted powers similar to Notch's, but not as powerful. They lived together in a relationship of brother and sister, and often visited Brine, as he was often lonely in the absence of Notch.

  Brine was now a full time protector of Minecraft, but the others only knew him as the brother of Notch who didn't have powers. He hated it when people said that he didn't have powers. The truth was, he was scared that Notch would think his bond with the void as strange and unnatural, and might even stop treating him as his brother.

  Through the years, Brine had discovered his ability to understand the mobs and even talk to them, so he often spent his time chatting with creepers, spiders, Endermen, and even zombies. He hated talking to silverfish though, they had a super short memory and could only speak in short sentences.

  At first, the mobs were afraid and wary of him, but through the years, they had warmed up to them, and Brine had learnt more from talking to them.

  The mobs always felt that they were being left alone, not valued by anyone, Notch didn't really care about them, and he was like a god to them. They normally lived blissful lives, without anyone disturbing them, but when Notch taught the Minecraftians to live off the land, he also taught them to hunt monsters for resources, and that had changed the mobs' lives forever.

  From the mouths of various mobs, he had heard that mobs were always living in fear of being hunted or killed. Attacking was their defence mechanism and was in their programming when they were created. When they saw a Minecraftian, they would get an uncontrollable lust to attack and feed themselves, especially the zombies. Which was getting them killed all the time.

  And he had quite some trouble speaking to the creepers as well, they tended to explode when they got too happy or angry, which was the worst way to end a conversation and could make things very messy.

  In a way, Notch was mistreating the mobs, and didn't even teach them to fight back as their numbers dwindled.

  Brine felt angry, for once, he understood how the mobs felt towards their creator, an ever growing resentment, caused by neglect.

  Brine could relate to that. First, Notch claimed to be his brother, now, he was neglecting his existence, and went up to the Aether, being the king of heaven or so what. As the years passed, Notch visited less and less. The last time Brine had seen him was at least two years ago. He was almost dying of boredom.