~Chapter 3~

A loud slap echoed throughout the room, my body being thrown to the ground from the force. I pressed my fingertips to my cheek, pulling them back to see blood staining them. 

"You stupid brat! I told you to stay in your room!" She screamed, lifting her foot and digging her heel into my side. I hissed from the pain, tears burning in the corners on my eyes.

"I'm sorr-"

"DID I SAY YOU COULD TALK?!" She hissed, kicking my side. She grabbed my (H/L) (H/C) locks, lifting my small body off the ground. I met her cold blue gaze, her eyes blazing with anger. I shifted my gaze to the pink haired male who stood behind mother, staring at the scene in shock. He blinked a few times as I looked at him, seeming to come out of his shocked state.

"Hey! What are you doing? She said she was sorry!" The boy exclaimed. My mother turned around and glared at him.

"Shut your mouth. She disobeyed and this is her punishment." The woman looked away, looking into my eyes once more.

With surprising strength, she threw me at the wall, my small body colliding with the hard surface and falling back down on the ground. She started to walk towards my weak figure before the male with long spiky black hair stepped in front of her, blocking me from view. I shakily lifted myself upright, wiping the blood from my cheek.

'Oh dear, are you alright (Y/n)?' A familiar voice spoke up. A white pelt came into my view as snow appeared in front of me. Her blue eyes held concern as she brushed her tail against my arm. I nodded, turning my attention back to the scene in front of me.

"Why did you do that? Isn't she your daughter?" The male standing in front of me growled, clenching his fist. Mother laughed, her shrill chuckles of amusement almost hurtful to hear.

"My daughter you say? Look at her! She's a monster!" She cackled, gesturing to me. I lifted my head at that, my red eyes appearing from behind my bangs for everyone to see. Everyone's eyes were now focused on me, each staring into my eyes in wonder..then anger as they looked back at mother.

"The only monster here is you.." Gajeel turned around and picked me up off the ground, placing my frail body on one of his wide shoulders. Snow jumped into my arms, my arms wrapping around her so she doesn't fall off. I turned to look at my mother. She had the scariest look I've ever seen her wear as she looked at me.

Gajeel held onto my legs as we walked out of the door, the rest of the people in the ballroom following behind. After awhile of walking we arrived at the train station. I didn't miss the groans coming from a couple people as we boarded the train. Gajeel put me down in a seat, sitting in front of me in the four people booth. A woman in armour sat beside him, her long red hair falling to her lower back. And lastly, a short old man sat to my left, his cheeks slightly pink most likely from the alcohol that was served at the ball. I nervously stared at each of them, my hand petting snow's white fur to calm myself down.

Gajeel broke the silence, his gruff voice almost making me jump out of my skin.

"What's your name kid?" The three of them stared down at me expectingly.

"(Y/n). (Y/n) (L/n)."